Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a week ago, # 02-30. Called Roush this morning and they really don't keep much info on 99-04 models. Why is that? Will these be collectables? The good, the bad, the guy on these. Thanks..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
What all have you done to her?

·
Premium Member
6,697 Posts
Roush has a tendency to forget about their older models. Also a bit of advice, Roush performance is quite possibly the worst place to get info on the older cars. They literally don’t know hardly anything about them. I’ve tried with my 427R. Stage 3 Motorsports has a lot of discontinued Roush parts. Only time will tell on if the value of the car will increase. Being it’s a low production serialized tuner certainly won’t hurt it.

Pick your poison.

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Suspension is all I would do besides maybe longtubes and cooling mods for the blower. What I am doing to my car and my car had a similar "aftermarket" suspension treatment when it was new like yours did. **** wears out, dry rots etc... I already swapped the rear, front is this winter and it needs it pretty bad...

Very cost effective for these cars is to add the new BMR tubular A arms to the stock tubular K, new springs, shocks, struts and all new bushings, CC plates, see if you can get a strut tower brace that clears the M90 setup (termi one might work?) and then decide what you want to do with the rear. You want to go around corners like a banshee? Swap to IRS and do the Full Tilt Boogie kit. Straight line? Beef up the SRA.

Power adding stuff... those baby M90 blowers on those cars are already maxxed out. Maybe longtubes and a better catted mid pipe like the UPR... anything to keep that blower cooler. Heat exchanger upgrade and get it re-tuned by a competent local dyno shop.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Very nice. Hope mine looks that good in another 12 years! :thumb:

I agree, Roush tends to forget about the cars once they move on to the next body style. Parts just seem to dry up and disappear.

I wanted to get an extra wheel to use for a spare and I can't even buy them new anymore. Hey the car was only 4 years old at the time. Found a used but like new pair for half what a new would have cost anyway. Worked out.

Look around at the various online Mustang parts suppliers. The Roush parts seem to be hit and miss, but they are out there.

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
None. Blower is already too small for that engine. You'll just heat soak it.

Sent from my Z978 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

1 - 10 of 10 Posts