Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i just got a 2002 black v6 mustang a few days ago. i was going to get my flowmaster 40 series mufflers put on this weekend, but have been reading that it will sound very ricy. thats is sure not the sound i am going for. the problem is i alredy have my flowmasters and i am not sure if i should have them put on or not. i also am wondering what sound difference turn down pipes would make rather then pipes out the back.(by the way, i have a k&n if that makes a difference) sorry if this sounds dumb, i am new to all of this and am trying to learn... thanks for any help

kyle

·
Registered
676 Posts
just make sure they are welded good and you will be fine

Gut your cats

·
Registered
12 Posts
i have a 2002 v6..i have exactly what you are concerend about...the flows...with the GT take off bumber out the back...2.5 inch pipes with 3 inch tips to fill the exhaust hole and i am very hppy with the sound...again its no 8 cylinder but it rumbles with what its got...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awesome! well thank you guys very much. im really glad i found this site, i am learning a lot, thx again!

kyle

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
you could always check out my exhaust post with my set-up and Magnapacks :).... very satisfied, it RUMBLES, screams at WOT, and has this really sweet rumble when you let off the gas when revving from high rpm to low rpm, it'll growl all the way down :D.... which is just what I wanted

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
or you could hear what Magnapacks sound like... and you don't have to worry about drone inside your car with Magnapacks :)....

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
but I guess he already has the mufflers

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had an X-pipe put on and it took the drone out. It also quieted it down a bit but it sounds real aggressive when you get on the gas.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey guys, i just got them put on today. i love the sound! it is very deep, thanks for the help again!

kyle

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
buy a gt take off cat back and have a shop fab up the connection by removing the Y pipe from the car after the cats (dont let them cut anything before the cats only after the cats) and you will be fine, if you want more sound buy flowmasters. you cant get a cat back from a 99 up gt for very very cheap, under 100 bucks possibly.

if you want to be able to remove the cat back for what ever reason (good idea never know when you may need to get to teh tranny or what ever) buy the pacesetter dual adapter and weld it in then you can just bolt up the gt cat back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts