Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003-2004 Mustang GT or 2005 Mustang V6

Which car is easier to drive? By easier I don't mean you to say the V6 because of lower horsepower. I mean what is the difference between the two model years' drivability: ie: Parking, changing lanes. Which, if any of these two cars has a large blindspot or is uncomfortable? I am a short driver (about 5'4''). Is either of these cars hard to drive if you are short? I know that the newer V6 is 6 inches longer. Does that make enough of a difference? Please help me make a decision by giving your experiences with either or both Mustangs related to these queries. Please only people who own, have owned, or have experience with the 2003-2004 Mustang GT or 2005 Mustang V6 answer. Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well first thing, the mustang really isn't a very practical car. Its a big car with very little room inside. The new edge cars were a bit smaller in dimensions than the newer S197 cars. But the newer S197 cars have a better chassis and suspension setup. As for being 5'4", it wont be a problem in either car. I'm 5'7" and have NO issues at all driving mustangs (on my 7th one now).

OBTW, even though the 05+ S197 cars are superior to the old Fox4 platform, get the bigger motor. You'll be much happier with the 8 (if you are new to driving get the 05 with the 4.0 for safety reasons).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts