Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the guys at the shop tell me they are different.... do they fit different or just look different?

·
Registered
59 Posts
'01-'04 Mustang or Cobra headlights are the same. They are considered 'darkened' or 'smoked'. Personally, I'm trying to replace my sun faded/cracked '00 stock OEM headlights with '01-'04 smoked headlights. Much more muscular look, IMHO. :D

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they have a diff part number and are a little more i doubt ill notice any diff especially if i cant even pick out the difference by looking at one....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Trust me. The difference between Cobra headlights and Mustang headlights for '01-'04 have absolutely no difference. ;)

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Ya, shouldn't be much difference man

·
Registered
800 Posts
they are identical to what you have already!

·
Registered
284 Posts
They're the exact same as the 01 up headlights for ANY mustang. The 'blackout' design was origionally used on the 2000 cobra R, then was used on all mustangs the following year, as I recall.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
are you basing that on fact or just a glace though a image, you may need to get a close up look, im with you that they are identical but you never really know.... it may just be the bulbs... who knows they are like 15-25 more

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm pretty sure. the disign, excerp for the color (form mirrored to blacked out rims) hasn't changed at all since 99. But it never hurts to be 100% sure about it.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my main concern was a possible fitment issue, since the cobra hood and bumper are different I didnt know if the lights may have attached to the alignment panel different or if the panel its self may have been different.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts