Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about getting lowering springs in my GT, it's sits up stock and I'm wondering how low I should make it? And how much they would cost and can they be self installed without a lift and a normal little garage? Thanks

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
image-3031116604.jpg

image-2428096195.jpg

That's SR lowering springs with no isolators. They were like $100 but they have went up. Maybe around $150-160 you can get on American muscle and look at all the different brands and drops the produce.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
And yes you can do it in a garage with basic hand tools!

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
Thinking about getting lowering springs in my GT, it's sits up stock and I'm wondering how low I should make it? And how much they would cost and can they be self installed without a lift and a normal little garage? Thanks
I definitely agree with getting a set of Lowering Springs under your Stang! Springs will lower your Mustangs center of gravity, to reduce squat during acceleration, body roll in the corners, and excessive nose-dive under hard braking. Sport Springs feature more control than that of the stock factory springs, but are still comfortable enough for daily driving and occasional track use.

The SR Performance Springs are great, H&R and Eibach are both awesome as well! They're all going to lower you right around 1.5in'.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance.

-Dan

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
He has 49k miles so shocks should be good. If you're going to drop it over 1.5 them cc plates will be reccomended

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alright thanks, on American muscle it says I'll need a expert to put them in and it would take 4 hours. So it's okay if I can put them in with a few jacks and hand tools?

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
If its you're first time I can see it taking 4 hours. Yea jack and jack stands and basic hand tools. It be easier if you have someone helping you too.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
2-3 hours hand tools jack and jack stand will get it done. Be careful when taking off the springs they may pop out. But if you drop the axle enough they won't pop out b

·
Registered
437 Posts
I have been looking at the Ford racing C or B springs. My question is would my 17x9 wheels with 275/40 tires fit uneder the front?
Also, my car has 91k miles on it, what all would I need to get to be on the safe side?

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
2003StangGT said:
I have 18" on mine. Would they fit with lowering springs?
Yes

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
Alright thanks, on American muscle it says I'll need a expert to put them in and it would take 4 hours. So it's okay if I can put them in with a few jacks and hand tools?
Yes, we recommend professional installation if you've never done it before. However, if you have basic mechanical knowledge and install time you could figure it out in 4 hours ish!

It's a rather basic install, just take your time! A lift make's it much easier but a Jack and Jack stands will work.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance.

-Dan
I have been looking at the Ford racing C or B springs. My question is would my 17x9 wheels with 275/40 tires fit uneder the front?
Also, my car has 91k miles on it, what all would I need to get to be on the safe side?
Yeah, those will fit just fine. 275's fit up front on the New Edge's without any problems. Like listed above, we do offer that size on some of our wheel combo's!

If you have 91K on there, I would recommend At least Springs and Struts. If you're going to eventually replace everything, you could with End Links, Tire Rod ends, Isolators and Strut hats/Caster Camber Plates!

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

-Dan

·
Registered
813 Posts
Rent the spring compressor tools from your local parts store. Its safer than risking the spring coming out with force and hurting you or the car.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Rent the spring compressor tools from your local parts store. Its safer than risking the spring coming out with force and hurting you or the car.
Biggest thing is get outta the way when u unbolt the strut from the spindle. And have a jack under it. Ive never used a compressor. Just lower the jack slowly.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts