Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says. I put the key forward to start and nothing. It was fine up until it was super cold (10 degrees) and I.. Heh, was playing with the bama tuner that came with it (sf3/x3). Is it the tuner that messed it up? Need help ASAP! I'll put in the clutch, dash lights work. However even I go to start it the battery, seatbelt (if I'm not wearing it), airbag (bad clock spring) lights are the only ones that stay on. When I played with the tuner the the theft light is now blinking. Please help :( Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I can hear the fuel pump turn on and I tried to jump my battery but that did nothing

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thinking that the chip in the key possibly went bad.. Somehow found a video on YouTube exactly like what mine does and he said it was his key

·
Banned
2,140 Posts
Clarification please. Is it not even turning over (cranking) or is turning over and not starting? Turning over and cranking are the same thing. Try putting it back to stock if it indeed turning over but not starting. Could also be froze up fuel lines if you have bought some bad gas. Also, what do you mean by "playing" with the tuner? What did you do exactly?

If it's not turning over, even with a jump, the battery could be toast as well. Get it tested.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Absolutely nothing is happening when I turn the key forward exact for the dash lights turning off (except for the ones stated). And "playing" consists of changing the tune to a different one on the scanner, realizing my car wasn't starting, and putting it back to the previous one (vn93)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All lights work fine. Just is making no sound when the key is held forward to turnover/crank it.

·
Premium Member
6,004 Posts
If the theft light is flashing then try using a spare key, the chip could have gone bad in the key.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Hopefully its not a PATS, or ECU issue. I know first hand how big a pain, and how much that can cost. Ford can get second key for ya, at quite a cost. I believe it was around 90 for the key and around 200 for playing with pats, and several hundred for a refurbished ECU. (Had the ECU die in my 03, similar symptoms as you.)

PATS is notorious for causing issues. Hell, all 4 Mustangs I've owned with PATS gave me a hard time. Rule that out first and you'll save money and headaches.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
24 Posts
You can take your key, registration, and driver's license to most locksmiths and they should be able to cut you a new key with the correct chip. I used to cut chip keys with the correct chip and cut from the factory database. Most locksmiths have access to the factory databases. They may also be able to test your key to see if the chip failed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I was messing with it today and it happened to start with just putting the key in and out of the ignition around 15 times so I'm really leaning towards it being the key. I'm relieved it's not the ecu or PATS ??

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Also my negative battery terminal is ugly and may be a little lose, so I'm changing that first

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Replaced the negative terminal and everything is resolved. Always start off cheap when repairing.. lol

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
It's easy when you have the answers haha
But, you never know. It could literally be anything.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Mustang Evolution. ?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts