Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i found a 2003 mach 1 black with 125k on it. Clear title 5 speed and going to look at car on saturday. Im selling both my 99 cobra and 69 mach 1. Im looking for another one and i dont think 8600 for an 03 mach 1 isnt that bad. What is the biggest difference between the mach 1 and 99 cobra. I know mine has more hp but the mach take off faster? I know mine has the irs does the mach 1 do too? Thanks

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
FortyBrandon said:
Hey i found a 2003 mach 1 black with 125k on it. Clear title 5 speed and going to look at car on saturday. Im selling both my 99 cobra and 69 mach 1. Im looking for another one and i dont think 8600 for an 03 mach 1 isnt that bad. What is the biggest difference between the mach 1 and 99 cobra. I know mine has more hp but the mach take off faster? I know mine has the irs does the mach 1 do too? Thanks
I'd be careful with that Mach man...that's alot of miles for a car even if its a Mach or even been taken care of...sooner or later it's ganna start having problems. But then again it's a low price for a mach

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Body is different, interior is different, I believ the mach has a forged crank if you're getting it manual.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
The mach has a solid rear with 31 spline axles.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,193 Posts
Body is different, interior is different, I believ the mach has a forged crank if you're getting it manual.
^Yup

I think the Mach's had a tad more torque than the 99 Cobra's, yet Cobra's had a bit more HP. Here is more of what I know stock Mach's have...

305HP @ 6000RPM
320ft lb @ 4250RPM
10.1.1 compression
4.6L DOHC Aluminum WAP block (Windsor aluminum plant)
TR3650 manual tranny w/Gear Ratios 1st - 3.38; 2nd - 2.00; 3rd - 1.32; 4th - 1.00; 5th - 0.62; Rev. - 3.38
Forged crank w/6800RPM redline (manual Mach's)
3.55 gears
Subframe connectors
1/2" lower than stock GT
Springs - Front 600lb, Back 250lb
Tokico shocks and modified struts
Brembo 13" front, 11.7" back
Curb Weight 3465 lbs. (manual) 3475 lbs. (automatic)

That is a pretty low price, but you never know. It's always worth a look. Selling your Mach too? I'm dizzy... think I'm gonna faint :confused: Lol, j/k

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I have no more room for it I love the car but I can't do anything with it.
Thanks everyone I lost my ipod so I didn't know I got responded lol

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I say go for it I love machs

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

I say go for it I love machs
An I think I looked at that car on cl in Tennessee

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love the mach ones also. All the ones I found was about 10 grand and up and all the ones 8500 and snove are rebuilt titles. If I ever wanted to resell it sucks getting a buyer that's why I still have my 99 cobra :/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Go for it! I know a guy who has 120k on his. Still runs like a dream :headbang:

·
Registered
4 Posts
125k miles is far from worn out. In my day, they'd roll the odometer back to 20k on that car.
Found mine in a garage where it sat for 8 years!! 22,000 miles, still looks and smells brand new!! There're out there!!! FYI, lost the pinion seal the first week I drove it and a few other little bugs. Just cause they sit around doesn't mean it's not getting old!! Changed ALL the fluids, good to know I still have a good 100,000 to go!!!

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Machboyt said:
Found mine in a garage where it sat for 8 years!! 22,000 miles, still looks and smells brand new!! There're out there!!! FYI, lost the pinion seal the first week I drove it and a few other little bugs. Just cause they sit around doesn't mean it's not getting old!! Changed ALL the fluids, good to know I still have a good 100,000 to go!!!
You'll get 300k plus on a 4.6 when you take care of them. My truck has 330k and only thing I've replaced is trans, and exaust manifold. Those made it to 300k.

·
Registered
320 Posts
If you haven't already I'd think twice about selling that 69. You will live to regret it. I sold my 70 Mach-1 with 351-C and Hurst 4 speed in 1987. I've regretted it ever since. When you go to shows everyone is drooling over the classics. And on the TV auctions 69-70 Mach-1's can easily bring $80-100K. No late model Mustang will ever do that except maybe a Shelby or Boss 20 years down the road. Unless its in bad shape I wouldn't sell it to buy a 2003 Mach-1. I have a very clean 96 Cobra and I love it, but I'd trade it any day to wake up, open my garage and find my 70 Mach-1 in there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts