1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm going to trade in my v6 for a Mach 1
What mods should I do ?
It already has upgraded intake
I was thinking the bbk shorty headers with a pypes off road x-pipe with pypes bomb exhaust system with 3.5 inch tips and straight pipe it from there.

So like what wheels or performance or body mods should I do?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I jst bought an azure blue 04 mach 1. A short throw and 4.10 gears really wake up Machs

·
Registered
433 Posts
Don't waste your money on the shorty headers just buy the long tubes. Gears and wheels. What color is the mach? Great upgrade from a v6 huh? I went from a v6 Silverado to my cobra

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Red . With 100,000 miles
What alert would I have since it's at 100000 miles, like what parts should I replace?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also I want straight pipe what is the best?
X-pipe?
Headers?
Axleback system?

I want it louder than my friend he has a azure blue and running pypes o/r xpipe, and flowmaster cast back system with no manifolds

But I don't want it to sound ugly but I want it to sound like people hear me down the street but a clean sound!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't waste your money on the shorty headers just buy the long tubes. Gears and wheels. What color is the mach? Great upgrade from a v6 huh? I went from a v6 Silverado to my cobra

Also I want straight pipe what is the best?
X-pipe?
Headers?
Axleback system?

I want it louder than my friend he has a azure blue and running pypes o/r xpipe, and flowmaster cast back system with no manifolds

But I don't want it to sound ugly but I want it to sound like people hear me down the street but a clean sound!

·
Registered
433 Posts
I'm running pacesetter long tubes, summit racing off road x pipe with cutouts, flowmaster super 44s all 3in. Sounds really loud, throaty and raspy but not obnoxious loud like ass. Pacesetters were around $300 from summit racing. And the mid pipe is what your preference x is raspy and h is not. I forget which one nets you power and what power range. I did muffler and cat deletes the day I got mine and it sounded loud but ran like crap in my opinion.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't want to spend over $1100 on my exhaust so what is the best straight pipe system?

·
Premium Member
6,003 Posts
Don't straight pipe, the car needs back pressure.
If it needs back pressure then why go with a wider diameter pipe??? Why not put a 1" exhaust on if you want more back pressure? If you mean exhaust velocity then yes that's always a good idea. Straight through mufflers don't exactly do much more than straight pipes when you look at the muffler design.

·
Registered
327 Posts
You need restriction in the exhaust. Or burn your valves.... Your choice.
That's not even a little bit true. A car needs exhaust VELOCITY not back pressure. Back pressure is a myth. A less restrictive exhaust nets more horsepower and believe it or not MPG depending on how you drive. Removing cats and even mufflers with straight pipes will not hurt your car except it may not sound very pleasant. When you drastically increase the diameter of your pipes is when you run into trouble.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts