Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Mustang GT convertible and its automatic. What do you guys think i could achieve in the 1/4 mile and what 0-60 time should I achieve. Also can someone tell me the weight of my car, i have only found th coupes weight.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think the first poster was high maybe when he was typing. I think the 2nd post is closer to accurate, but the 0-60 will be probably closer to 6 seconds or worse. I would add about 80-120 lbs more for the convert. in the weight department.

As far as running 12s costing 50K is ridiculous and spoken like a true person that has never built a car before. I put my 99 GT Auto in the low 12s @ 115 mph with 5K. 3.73 gears, Transgo shift kit, Nitto Drag Radials, 2800 Stall converter and Vortech V2 S-trim. For about 20K, I had a fully built car from end to end, turbocharged, that ran high 10s/low 11s all day on pump gas and low boost.

The auto with the stock converter and extra weight doesn't help, but these things can be overcome quite easily. If you just put in a quality( Precision Industries Stallion) 2800-3000 stall converter. shift kit(or Jerry Mods) and 3.73 gears, you will not recognize the car after that. Those mods alone will knock off almost a full second in the 1/4 and make the car much more fun to drive. The stock stall is a killer, but necessary from the factory I guess.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Depends on how you are willing to spend. Also how good your reaction times are. Stock cars times of 12 second quarter miles and around mid four second 0-60 times are possible, if you can spend close to $50,000.

The convertables weight differnce is minimal. And it may slow it down to increased wind resistance. The faster you go, the exponetially it grows.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I believe your quarter mile time would be close to 14.0-14.5 and 0-60 about 5.0-5.5 seconds stock. As far as weight goes I'm sorry I have no idea

1 - 4 of 4 Posts