Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I suggest using the search button...

But beyond that, cut the y pipe, get a pro chamber and some Flow 10's. 40's are over done and still sound a bit ricey.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Blown6 said:
I suggest using the search button...

But beyond that, cut the y pipe, get a pro chamber and some Flow 10's. 40's are over done and still sound a bit ricey.
To me flow 10's sound the best on a v8. I hav divorced duals and flow 40's with 3 inch rolled chrome tips and I regret nothing.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
That's why he said prochamber with it, makes a lot of difference, check YouTube for what you like OP

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I have divorced pipes with flowmaster 40s on and I want it louder. I think if you want loud, go he extra mile and buy an off road h or x pipe. Personally love the H over the X IMO. Or cut the rear cats off. Those killed the sound on 3.8s. My buddy had an 01 3.8 and cut the rear cats off, put a magna flow muffler on (with the stock y pipe) and it was louder than a GT with a cat back. It's louder than mine with duals on!

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
YouTube will have a lot of videos to listen to it and you'll probably be able to find what's the* best fit for you there. The fun part about an exhaust is that there are almost unlimited amount of possibilities. A simple muffler or mid pipe change can really make the tone of the car sound different. My first question for you would be what price range are you looking at spending here

1 - 14 of 14 Posts