Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me any sites online where i can get one from? I looked for some, but most of the descriptions say that the supercharge only worked on models 99-03. Would a 99-03 supercharge work on a 04. I know to some it may be a dumb question, but better safe than sorry. Thanks...

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
Yes you can get a 99-03 supercharger and it would work. You can also buy these at www.extremeeffect.com

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
The 3.9L engine is a 3.8, same engine different name pretty much

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
yes it would definately fit like stated before, they basically just figured 3.9 sounded better or some jazz like that

·
Registered
258 Posts
Oh ok...was just curious...

Now that makes me even more confused as to why the K&N FIPK kit isn't listen for my 03 but only up till the 01's. They are the same body side w/ the same engine...the 00 and under were the only v6's with less HP that the 01+'s.

Can anyone explain this to me? (Sry for hijacking your thread, Exit_in_red)

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
Most companies don't market products on cars till it's been tested, even if its the same model, just a different year. Usually every year, just about every car being made goes through minor changes and until a company that markets a product for that car actually see's it work on the car they won't offer it just for liablity sakes. If you were to use a priduct that wasn't listed as being compatible, you'd be solely responsible for any damages. Hopefully this helps you understand.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Well thanks for that info, Stallion...

I pretty much figured that, I just couldn't understand what could possibly taking K&N so long to 'test' out the FIPK for that year. I've tried calling the tech office to speak to the engineers and no one knows whats the hold up.

Oh well...Densecharger stays on my list for now...You can have your topic back now, Exit...Sorry for the interruption =P

1 - 10 of 10 Posts