Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I've installed line locks. When I engage them it will hold a little bit but it is nowhere near enough to even hold the car on a hill. I bled the master Cylinder and brakes. My friend even used an auto bleeder at his work and still nothing. What could be wrong? I can hear the cylinoid clicking when I flip the switch.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I've tried that. Still nothing. I can feel it gripping but not enough to hold. Had line locks in an 07 gt with no problems.

·
Premium Member
19,578 Posts
First off...props for getting that thing in there, not enough room lol.

Secondly i've ran into the same problem on street tires at the track when avoiding the water box. Got a.touch of water on the tires and no issue.
Strangely enough i've never had the problem on dr's or slicks. I guess those compounds stay cold enough to not try and hook.

My burnout procedure is pull up and set linelock. Put in 2nd gear, rev to 3k and aggressively drop clutch.

·
Premium Member
19,578 Posts
frank07stanggt said:
It won't even grip enough to hold the car on a hill.
Yeh that's strange, i activate mine at red lights when i'm lazy.

Hm...

·
Registered
427 Posts
Yea basically, keeps the back brakes from engaging when doin the burnout, and like lowflyn said it's awesome to have if your lazy on the street, pull up to a light hit the switch and just set there

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you put it on a Deadman switch you can sit staged at the light with the gas applied a little and brake boost if you are tc

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you are turbo charged you can do what is called brake boosting. You have the line locks hold the brakes while you put pressure on the gas and spool up the turbos so you are in boost whe. You launch. Gets the lag out.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
I read that it shouldnt be with abs true?

·
Registered
801 Posts
If you are turbo charged you can do what is called brake boosting. You have the line locks hold the brakes while you put pressure on the gas and spool up the turbos so you are in boost whe. You launch. Gets the lag out.
Can u do that with a standard? This might be dumb but can you stage a standard the same way as u do an auto? Like be braking and givin it gas without the tires spinnin?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What shouldn't be true?

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

Yeah you just can't let out of the clutch all the way.

·
Premium Member
19,578 Posts
1lowGT said:
I read that it shouldnt be with abs true?
I have abs and haven't run into any issues...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts