Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have 315 rear tires on 10.5 wide wheels on the back of my 04 GT. There are no clearance issues that I can see from a standstill. However, when I go for a drive and get out, there's cut marks into the sidewall of the tire (only on driver side). My friend also said when following me, I hit a bump on the highway, causing the tire on the driver side to scrape the inner lip of the quarter panel and saw tire smoke come off the tire. Note that this doesn't happen on the passenger side, which is only because I'm only on the driver side, weighing it down.

What should I do to prevent this? My car is lowered, but it's on the stock springs that were cut. Would putting on H&R Springs or an Eiback Kit make it stiff enough that it won't bounce into the fender well, scrape the panel, and mess up my tire and the quarter panel? The rear has been lowered about an inch from factory, and despite the other springs would make it lower, I feel it would make it stiff enough to keep it from having problems.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok. Will that work 100%? And will putting the lowering springs actually help?

·
Registered
1 Posts
H&R, Eibach or Ford Racing C springs will work. I had 315's on my 01 GT for 9 years with no problems. Changing springs should fix ur problem. I do recommend changing shocks and struts as well.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok sweet. And what brand would be a good choice for shocks and struts. I was thinking tokico.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Ive been told to stay away from the ford racing springs. I had the same issue but on the pass side from torque. I put h&r race springs and kyb adjustables and the problems gone

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
get a different size tire or roll your fenders :( lol. I had to roll mine a bit and i still have a SLIGHT rubbing issue....

if you do roll them thee is no need to fully roll them, you just need to roll them a tiny bit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If u in south Florida, Artic Custom Wheels n Tires do the fender roll with the rolling tool (ask for Roan). 3730 W. Broward Blvd 954-321-1031.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sadly I live in South Jersey so I won't be able to go there. And I was thinking H&Rs anyways. If it still doesn't work I'll just roll the fenders then.

·
Registered
903 Posts
has the car ever been in a wreck? im lowered 2.5 inches runnin a 315 and i have no rubbing issues on the rear, and im running a 275 up front and have no rubbing issues there either, even without the front sway bar

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No thankfully not. It's just that side but between the stock springs being cut and me being a...well, not a light person, it has the rubbing issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I know this is a very old thread but I just bought my 03 GT and it has 10.5 in the rear with 315/35r17 Nitto nt555 G2’s in the rear. I have eibach springs, tocikko shocks and height adjustable rear control arms and just my drivers side rear is getting the sidewall completely sliced up and it seems deep to where my almost new tires I feel need to be replaced now before they blow out. Does the fender rolling fix this for sure or is there something else I need to do?

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I know this is a very old thread but I just bought my 03 GT and it has 10.5 in the rear with 315/35r17 Nitto nt555 G2’s in the rear. I have eibach springs, tocikko shocks and height adjustable rear control arms and just my drivers side rear is getting the sidewall completely sliced up and it seems deep to where my almost new auto clicker tires I feel need to be replaced now before they blow out. Does the fender rolling fix this for sure or is there something else I need to do?
I had 315's on my 01 GT for 9 years with no problems. Changing springs should fix ur problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts