Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Folks!

Here some pictures of the process of the new paint... It`s gonna be the same color (Metallic Silver)...

Everyday (Almost) i will share some pictures with you!

Feel free to give me your comment and sugestions!

Tanks!

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

Day 1:

And the last pictures of the car BEFORE the paint:

And also a pictures when a bought the car (2 months ago):

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Nice good progress!! I like the color that you have with the gt hood is that the one you're going to go with?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The car will be with the same original color (Code YN).. and i want it to be just 1 color... but to be honest, i almost think to repaint the car silver metallic and the trunk cover and the hood black... but a the last minute... i decide to keep it original!

It`s gonna take around 2 week to finish the project.. after, the car will go to sleep in the garage for the winter.

And again... feel free for comments and questions! :)

BTW: sorry for my poor english... i try to make my best! :)

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
lookin good !! and yes keep it all the same color paint. looks tacky with different color hood and trunk iMO

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Sweet !! I just had my 05 painted a few months back! Went with my original silver too! TL satin silver

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DIY? Looks like its coming along nicely! Props too ya
Tanks! No a friend who got is business do it.... me? i just give to money to him loll ;)

He already made a Cobra before so he know how to take down the entire car! :)

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Looks good! Looking forward to the crisp new pictures when it's done!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Day 2 :

The entire car has been sanded down... now all the plastics parts are ready to be primed and car also...

And the primer is ON :) Still need to prime the inside of the hood and trunk cover!

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Was there previously a spoiler on the car? Looks like you might've filled in some holes! Jw

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Was there previously a spoiler on the car? Looks like you might've filled in some holes! Jw
Hahahah! :) Nice looking!

Yes there was a spoiler before... but i was not able to find a wingless trunk cover before the paint... so i decide to fiilled the holes ! :) Also notice the hole for the license plate on the front bumper are also filled!

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Will it still have the designated license plate rectangle in the front bumper? I feel ya with the spoiler delete! I also did the same as you there!

Before and after

Attachments

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
silvrskoundrel said:
Will it still have the designated license plate rectangle in the front bumper? I feel ya with the spoiler delete! I also did the same as you there!

Before and after
Idk man, I'm all for a spoiler delete but that dovetail you had went really well with those taillights and deck lid panel.

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
primer2tone said:
Idk man, I'm all for a spoiler delete but that dovetail you had went really well with those taillights and deck lid panel.
I appreciate that but those tails & spoiler are long gone :|

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Her a little update of the process... sorry it take a while.... i was really busy at work!!!...

The cars is painted...so now it`s time to put back all pieces toghetter!
The only problem we got, is the hood... i bought the hood from a guy on internet 2 days before the paint and because the hood was covered of rust proof protection (grease), i din`t see the crack on the side... so i was really piss off... but my friend with is magcial hand fix it!!...

So here a picture of the hood in the process:

Here 2 pictures juste before the final paint....

And then... more picture just after de base coat...

And the last picture for today.... with the clear coat ON

The car should be ready soon!! I hope!!! But worst thing... the second is ready... the car is going to sleep in the garage for the winter... so it`s gonna a long winter......

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
That stinks that you gotta put it up! Atleast you can go gawk at her in the garage! Looking great so far!!

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
Just think, that time it is in the garage for the winter it will have fresh clean paint and it won't get dirty in the curing/drying time for the paint... So at the end of the summer you wax her and start her up

1 - 19 of 19 Posts