Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy just got a 2004 Ranger 4X4 with the 4.0L V6. He's thinking he can take me and I just wanted to know rather he could or not.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
better add take you at the dragstrip otherwise this will probably get moved lol, i wuold think that he would take you because the pre 99s are weak and his 200+ hp is alot more than urs...the only reason i can think that you would take him is the weight difference. Ive never heard of a stang racing a 4.0 so only a race would tell.

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
would a 99+ beat him?

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
:D, yay!!!, why do I tie with the Explorer?... seriously... this kid and I dragged, and we sat looking at each other the entire time.... before I got duals and CAI

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Being a 4X4 it probably has a towing package which gives it taller gears, so that will help the ranger some.

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
as of right now... just wait, just wait, I want it so no big a** truck will tie with me again... seriously, with the g/f in the car, that was not a highlight of my night. I was quite pissed. Had to burn them off big time at the next light to make up for the loss of pride

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
My dad has a 97 ranger 2wd 4.0 with 4.10 gears, it walks my stang from a dead stop......

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
01mineralgrey6 said:
Being a 4X4 it probably has a towing package which gives it taller gears, so that will help the ranger some.
They have 4.10 gears in it.

1/8th mile any stock v6 mustang from 94-2004 will be taken

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Brent said:
but your comparing the top of the line Ranger to the baseline v6 mustang which is retarded :cool:
but still at the end of the days its still a truck beating a sports car.:lol:

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
hey, it's not funny, I've been tied by SUV's, that really looks bad....I need to be beating them.

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
jimmy_beaner said:
hey, it's not funny, I've been tied by SUV's, that really looks bad....I need to be beating them.
Then rebuild your engine with Heads, Cam, Intakes and gears and t lok

or get a Gt or Cobra

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
nitrous=no contest :)

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
I can't upgrade to a v-8.... if I could've, I would've already, I've got the money. My dad says if I get a different, car, I have to pay for it. He's got like $9,000 left on my loan, and he's paying my insurance. I can't afford to go v-8 and pick up the change in insurance and car payments. I love my car also. So what I thought about doing was getting P&P heads and intake next summer, along with a cam. Then, dropping in the 8.8'' rear end, as it comes with t-lok. After that, I would assume I would already have the shift kit and leather seats.... maybe rims? If I use the mentality of those civic drivers, rims will cut 3 seconds off my 1/4 mile, hahahaha, sorry, had to get that in there... this is what prompted that... "nope, i'm getting a new neon tip that will hopefully bring me down into the 12's, and after i put the other layer on my wing i will hopefully come down into the 9's why do u guys think i'm joking?" AAAAHHHHH HAHAHAHA, even I'm not that dumb :).... but how many horses am I looking at with P&P intakes and heads cam and shift kit? What else would you say to get onto that? (besides NOS)

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
gears, torque converter and all the minor bolt ons

1 - 20 of 29 Posts