Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 V6 Auto, and i can't find any dyno results for a similar car. Does anyone know the dyno hp of a stock 2004 V6 Auto?

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Hrm I think someone should post something up.. welcome to the forum btw. Good to see another SoCal resident here :)

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
195rwhp and the car comes with 193bhp? So this dyno must add like 20%. Stock dyno numbers should be around 150-155 rwhp

·
Registered
941 Posts
i have seen a 2003 v6 auto dyno 147rwhp with cold air only. :(
from comparing a friend's and mine's results, autos sap about 15-20rwhp extra.

austin

·
Registered
2 Posts
I Have a 2001 V6 5spd and with only a Cold air intake I was dynoing at 173rwhp and then I added a Dual exhaust,Under drive pulley,Shorty headers, and 3.73 gears with T-lok and got 200rwhp. Now I have added a 75 shot of Nitrous and have an estimated 275. But most likely have more just havent had it dynoed with the Nx kit yet.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
I would really like to see your dyno sheet of Dual exhaust, UDP and shorty headers making 200RWHP. That is a gain of 27HP and that is rather high for the limited mods you list. Gears and Tlok do not add HP and the duals and shorty headers will add a few HP. The only real mod you have to gain HP is the UDP and that is only around 8 with a stretch maybe 10 HP. Do you also have a chip.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
It could be true, but an error in the dyno reading. Maybe he dyno'd in 2nd gear or didn't notify the dyno of the change in gears or something like that. But 200 real rwhp is not feasible with just a CAI and dual exhaust. I would estimate maybe 175rwhp tops but a more realistic 165rwhp sounds more like it.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Actually it could be a uncalibrated dyno. There are a lot of places that dont keep up with there calibration inspections like they are suppose to.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
i don't it would be off that much. I'm sure the readings are the resuly of a couple of factors.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
I have seen 10 HP or more off especially with mobile units that are put up and taken down regularly and in the weather. Before any dyno have the guy show you his most recent Calibration sticker or documentation.

The world of Hot Rods is full of dishonest people. Hell look at the Tornado swirly devices and claims of HP gains.

NO I would be leary of Billy Joe Bobs Dyno shop & Live Bait Emporium or any place where they dyno and dont actually tune cars unless it is a well respected place.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Danger Dude said:
I have seen 10 HP or more off especially with mobile units that are put up and taken down regularly and in the weather. Before any dyno have the guy show you his most recent Calibration sticker or documentation.

The world of Hot Rods is full of dishonest people. Hell look at the Tornado swirly devices and claims of HP gains
You mean they don't work, I work with planes and they go zoom zoom fast.:D But seriously, 10HP off, that's some serious negligence

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
HHAHAHHAHAAHHAHHAHAHAA They might work on your turbocharged lawn mower MUHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA and yes there are some crummy dyno's out there.

·
Registered
349 Posts
What the hell are dynos and what is rwhp, rear wheel horse power maybe? What would some of those numbers be for my 2004 auto 3.9L?

·
Registered
187 Posts
dynos are machines that calculate the horsepower at the wheels. they can also change fuel curves for forced induction vehicles. your car isn't much different than 99-03's. your rwhp is around 150-160 rwhp.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts