Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So question for yall, I have a base 05 with the 4.0 v6, and a automatic. It was my dad's car he gave to me and so it holds sentimental value and while it's fun to drive, I want more. I want the car to sound better, breathe better and preform just a little better. I'm not looking for insane numbers just enough to keep it fun. Now it is an auto, im told by some a manual swap is difficult and not worth it, I figure to ask you guys also. What should I look at to get where I want?

Thanks a ton Caveman.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
As far as strength, the automatic is the more durable transmission. And swapping to a manual is a lot more work than just pulling the automatic and putting the manual transmission in. You have to change the ECU to match up with the fact that you have a manual now for example.

A tune will wake up the 4.0 and the automatic. If you want more you can add a supercharger - Procharger or Vortech are 2 centrifugal superchargers available. If you can find one, an Xcharger is a nice roots type blower.

·
Registered
8,563 Posts
If you want more power, you will never be happy with that car.
I recommend starting with a more capable platform if you want to do performance modifications.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts