Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an 05 GT with a built auto..and I was just curious if the ratchet shifter was worth the buy or not...I've heard different things about it from both sides but I just want your guys' opinion.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Puts you that much closer to being vin diesel ...

Vin-Diesel-as-Dom-Toretto-001.jpeg

I think it's worth it... I met a guy who had a built turboed 3v w one and that thing screamed

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Silversky545 said:
Puts you that much closer to being vin diesel ...

I think it's worth it... I met a guy who had a built turboed 3v w one and that thing screamed
Allright thanks man! Anything to be like the guy who stuck with muscle over import! Haha

·
Registered
434 Posts
Since there isn't a manual shift body for the 5r55, and the shift points are in the tune. I think the money is better spent on other items.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think it sick I never knew about it till you posted it . I you tubed it and I love it I think I will get it soon . It is kind of expensive is there another make for something like that ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I'm just gunna get a throttle body other than it, it's more of a toy than a practical mod

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Silversky545 said:
Tb is kinda pointless depending on mods you already have and the price your paying for it
I have a cold air full exhaust a tune and built tranny

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Tb is not worth the money. Even with supporting mods you will only gain maybe 10HP.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
If you can find a used TB $200 or less it might be worth it. I also had Steeda under drive pullies on mine and I liked them. Of course cams would really benefit you because you already have the longtubes but that's a whole diffrent price range. You are off to a really good start. 4.10 gears made a HUGE difference in my 05 GT auto. Best gain for the price IMO.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

I've returned my car almost totally to stock all I have left are the 4.10's.

I had FRPP Cold air. BBK 62mmTB. Steeda under drive pullies full MAC exhaust at one point. Cervinis RAM air hood. The FRPP 4.10 gears and the bamma SCT 93 race tune.

The gears made more of a difference than all the rest of that stuff put together besides the tune.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jgill1992 said:
If you can find a used TB $200 or less it might be worth it. I also had Steeda under drive pullies on mine and I liked them. Of course cams would really benefit you because you already have the longtubes but that's a whole diffrent price range. You are off to a really good start. 4.10 gears made a HUGE difference in my 05 GT auto. Best gain for the price IMO.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

I've returned my car almost totally to stock all I have left are the 4.10's.

I had FRPP Cold air. BBK 62mmTB. Steeda under drive pullies full MAC exhaust at one point. Cervinis RAM air hood. The FRPP 4.10 gears and the bamma SCT 93 race tune.

The gears made more of a difference than all the rest of that stuff put together besides the tune.
Why did you remove all of that? Lol

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Silversky545 said:
I'll sell you a gt500 tb... same as frpp just not as pretty... 62mm
How much?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
CPauley said:
Why did you remove all of that? Lol

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

How much?
Tried to sell the car. Ended up getting to keep it lol.

The gt500 TB is a good one.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts