Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting ready to buy a 2005 manual 4.6 GT, it has 106,000 miles but is super celan, has rims and tires, super clean motor and leather interior, runs good, and drives and shifts good. im worried about the miles. how long do you thunk it will last? and it it a good buy for 10,000?

Attachments

·
Banned
510 Posts
I think 10 is a good deal. That mileage really isn't bad. Is it gonna be your dd or a toy? If its a dd how many miles a week? But I'd do it for 10gs

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
muscledom said:
I think 10 is a good deal. That mileage really isn't bad. Is it gonna be your dd or a toy? If its a dd how many miles a week? But I'd do it for 10gs
my 08 v6 with a *** load of money into it is my DD. This will be my stroll around on the weekends toy.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
MustangKid303 said:
Im getting ready to buy a 2005 manual 4.6 GT, it has 106,000 miles but is super celan, has rims and tires, super clean motor and leather interior, runs good, and drives and shifts good. im worried about the miles. how long do you thunk it will last? and it it a good buy for 10,000?
That's about rite on the price. I traded my 05 this weekend and only got 12k for it. It had 45k on the clock and was a 9.8 condition wise.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tc x 4 said:
That's about rite on the price. I traded my 05 this weekend and only got 12k for it. It had 45k on the clock and was a 9.8 condition wise.
i just wish i knew the carfax on it. i dont have a card to buy the carfax report but if someone coukd run it it would be a big help.

·
Banned
510 Posts
i just wish i knew the carfax on it. i dont have a card to buy the carfax report but if someone coukd run it it would be a big help.
Don't put too much stock in that crap man. If you're like the average American, when **** happens you pay cash so it never happened lol

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
MustangKid303 said:
At that price, your gona see something you don't like. Just go over it with a fine toothed comb. You can find out if It's been totaled tho, for free. Google free vin check and sort through the bs.

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

muscledom said:
Don't put too much stock in that crap man. If you're like the average American, when **** happens you pay cash so it never happened lol
Exactly

·
Registered
916 Posts
MustangKid303 said:
The mileage isn't too bad for 10 gs. These motors can last a long time if taken care of correctly. What are you mainly going to use It for?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stang23 said:
The mileage isn't too bad for 10 gs. These motors can last a long time if taken care of correctly. What are you mainly going to use It for?
not racing, or dogging it. just make it look amazing and bring it to car shows and just ride around and cruisin. i have my v6 for daily driving and long trips.

·
Registered
916 Posts
MustangKid303 said:
not racing, or dogging it. just make it look amazing and bring it to car shows and just ride around and cruisin. i have my v6 for daily driving and long trips.
Ya then I would buy it.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
It's at a dealer!?!?make them show you the carfax, they don't wanna don't buy. They have a dealer account I'm sure

·
Banned
510 Posts
It's at a dealer!?!?make them show you the carfax, they don't wanna don't buy. They have a dealer account I'm sure
The older and less expensive a car becomes the less relevant carfax is. On my lot I laugh at people that ask for it. Although I'm selling $2000-$4500 cars lol.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
muscledom said:
The older and less expensive a car becomes the less relevant carfax is. On my lot I laugh at people that ask for it. Although I'm selling $2000-$4500 cars lol.
its at a ****** dealer so ill ask for it when i go back and see it.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Saleens my favorite!

·
Registered
309 Posts
So... Did you buy it?

1 - 20 of 79 Posts