Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who wants to play lets fix this problem!! ok need your help its a 05 mustang GT locks will unlock just fine, WILL NOT LOCK WITH TRANSMITTER or even WHEN PUSHING IN CAR LOCK SWITCH. horn does honk and theft does activate:disgust: if you have all ready addressed this on your mustang I would appreciate your help. thanks Bry

·
Registered
175 Posts
Take the door switch panelapart and ensure the plugs are connected, use a line tester to see if the switch is getting power from the battery,also check the fuses.

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
who wants to play lets fix this problem!! ok need your help its a 05 mustang GT locks will unlock just fine, WILL NOT LOCK WITH TRANSMITTER or even WHEN PUSHING IN CAR LOCK SWITCH. horn does honk and theft does activate:disgust: if you have all ready addressed this on your mustang I would appreciate your help. thanks Bry
I would suggest what OmegaRed said to try. It could be the battery is getting weak or the plug came loose somehow. It might be a fuse, that is worth checking also.

EDIT: Also, have you tried replacing the Remote batteries? You may want to do that as well. Check all the connections and fuses and lines to be sure.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
batterie is in great shape, just took the door cards off and the connections check just fine. the only thing I can come up with that can possibly make sense would be that it has two seporate actuators ...one for lock function and one for unlock function. its deffinatly not the remote as it works just fine and like I said before the switch in the car will work the unlock function but not the lock function for both doors ......agin recap inside the car both door swiches are getting power and are connected properly, both will unlock the car but both will not lock the car, same with the remote every function works prefictly except the lock function the car will honk and theft does activate just the locks will not actuate ......so im thinking its some kind of overcomplicated duel cylanoid problem were one half functions the lock actuation and the other half actuates the unlock function.

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
batterie is in great shape, just took the door cards off and the connections check just fine. the only thing I can come up with that can possibly make sense would be that it has two seporate actuators ...one for lock function and one for unlock function. its deffinatly not the remote as it works just fine and like I said before the switch in the car will work the unlock function but not the unlock function for both doors ......agin recap inside the car both door swiches are getting power and are connected properly, both will unlock the car but both will not lock the car, same with the remote every function works prefictly except the lock function the car will honk and theft does activate just the locks will not actuate ......so im thinking its some kind of overcomplicated duel cylanoid problem were one half functions the lock actuation and the other half actuates the unlock function.
Don't over complicate things. The door lock actuator is probably bad then. 05's are notorious for electrical problems. Shouldn't be too much money.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know what you are talking about and no thats not it. maybe on an older car and yes I have had to replace one of those before on my 15yr old honda. This is ONE single unit of some sort that works the lock function for BOTH doors private message me and I will give you my phone number if you want to help trobleshoot this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Check your connectors and make sure you are getting power to the panels/switches if it is getting power then the switch panels arw bad

·
Registered
1 Posts
how did you end up solving this problem? I have an 06 gt and this just began tonight.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts