Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been surfing craigslist, and these two cars are roughly the same price in my area.
The Mustang is newer, more powerful, faster, and has a rear seat. Ford parts and labor are on average much less than Porsche, especially for engine and transmission repairs.
The Boxster is a pure sports car, is lighter, gets better fuel economy, and has that "Porsche" badge on the front, which means more prestige. It also has the advantage on curvy roads.
I like feeling pinned back in the seat from lots of power. I have narrowed it down to these two cars, I'm not interested in anything else so please don't tell me to get a BMW or whatever.
Which of these two cars should I get?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mustang.. if you like being pinned back in the seat, it's torque that does that, and the Mustang has tons of low-end torque. The Porsche is nice, but it's a high rpm revver. That year has about half the torque of a Mustang GT.

·
Registered
42 Posts
In Top Speed, the Boxster is faster. Faster by 1mph.

In acceleration, both cars do it under 6 seconds, but Mustang is 0.6 seconds quicker from 0-60mph.

Now, the Mustang is more practical, does not need premium fuel, has back seats and a larger trunk. It is cheaper to fix and maintain. It is the smarter choice and you should choose it.

The Boxster does handle much better and is a lot more fun, but Mustang is smarter choice.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you like to be extracted from a tin can and spend lots of money in maintenance leaving little for fun, get the Porsche. If you like your money in your pocket and drive a cow (because that is how it feels after driving a Porsche) down the road get the Mustang.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Get the Mustang to impress your guy friends, or the Porshe to impress your lady friends. Without knowing you it's tough to say which is the right fit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts