Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do I need spacers or something I read on a web that the should fit fine ?

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

The bolt pattern is the same, and a 96 Mustang will easily fit a 17x9 rim, so they will fit. But you will need wheel spacers for your car, if you don't want them to sit in under the car so much. The backspacing on an 05 is different from that of a 96...

They will work with or without spacers; a friend used rims off an 05 model on his 98, and everything fit fine...they just didn't look as good sitting under the car so much. Wheel spacers are fairly cheap, and it would look a lot better with the rims sitting more flush to the body...

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
98must said:
Do I need spacers or something I read on a web that the should fit fine ?

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

The bolt pattern is the same, and a 96 Mustang will easily fit a 17x9 rim, so they will fit. But you will need wheel spacers for your car, if you don't want them to sit in under the car so much. The backspacing on an 05 is different from that of a 96...

They will work with or without spacers; a friend used rims off an 05 model on his 98, and everything fit fine...they just didn't look as good sitting under the car so much. Wheel spacers are fairly cheap, and it would look a lot better with the rims sitting more flush to the body...
Yep without spacers they will sit further in the wheel well and look goofy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The rims fit fine with out any mods done to it, I did order the spacers fit the back tho so the car should look much better with spacers on the rims look good on it I'll post some pics when I get my spacers by Thursday or something. thanks for your replays

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a similar question.... Wasn't sure where to ask or where to start a new feed however will 98 Ford mustang rims 17-in fit on a 2011 V6 base model mustang....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts