Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm looking into buying a 2005 V6 Ford Mustang, but I wanted to know how possible it is to completely turn it into a GT over time.

Obviously the exterior is easily possible, but I don't want to drive around with everyone thinking its a GT when its really a V6 under the skin!

Is there any way to have an engine swap taking the V8 from an 05+ GT and putting it into a V6? What parts exactly besides the engine itself are different between a GT and a V6 (I know mufflers/suspension parts and all that.)?

Also, is there any way to have a GT V8 from the factory delivered to a Ford dealer and installed there?

Moneywise, is it more sensible to just keep the V6 the way it is and just buy a GT later on?

·
Registered
42 Posts
its never cost effective to change a 6 to v8...NEVER...in the computer age the headaches are unreal...the wiring alone may run 1 or 2 K buy the car you want...the GT.

·
Registered
43 Posts
It is much easier and more sensible to buy a GT if that is what you want anyways. It will cost more to change a V6 to a GT, you also have to change the computer.

Also the V6 has a different rear end than a GT, that would have to change too.

Buy a GT.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts