Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 mustang that within the last six months has started to shut off while I'm driving. It doesn't matter if I'm driving fast on the freeway or slowing down to a stop. It has been starting to happen way more often lately. It will shut off and the engine light will go on and the battery light sometimes goes on with it and I have to brake and get to a sop somewhere I can stop and restart it. The lights and radio work but the wheel becomes realy tight but not locked. It usually is on for about 3 seconds and then shuts off again and I wait a minute then restart it and it works fine. I noticed it drives a little different before it happens like the rpm goes up alot just by pushing in the klutch. As well as starts to shake the car a little and I think it helps sometimes whenI push in the klutch as hard as I can the car won't shut off. I got a new battery about a year ago so I dont think that is the problem. I had a friend look who eorks on cars and couldnt find anything. I also tried using better gas but didn't see a difference. I have no idea about cars so any help would be great. Sorry for the novel.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sounds like an electrical or computer problem my friend. You should take it to an auto electric place and have it checked out because that can be dangerous, especially if it craps out on you at high speed. The reason the steering goes is because the power steering is powered by a pump which is driven by a belt off of your motor. If your motor stops, you lose your power steering and power brakes.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts