Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so after some pondering and wanting to put an X-Pipe on the GT I ran into a few issues that have me second guessing myself. I have some mufflers on here that are flowmasters which kind I do not know. I will have to look more into it this weekend, but just a few minutes ago I noticed that where the band clamp is above the axle the oem sticker for the mufflers is still there. I am so confused as to what the PO did to this before I got it. I still want to do an x-pipe but not sure if I am dealing with stock mufflers or the aftermarket, nor to say the less of how it will sound. I am amazingly knowledgeable about most stuff but this has my stumped tonight, maybe its all the school work and work lately and then adding this on top lol.. :uhh: any help or advice?

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Take a pic of them

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Take a pic of them
I will do in the morning before work, right now it is currently pouring rain with some wind. I think I'll stay inside lol.

Is there anything that notates a stock oem muffler?

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
I will do in the morning before work, right now it is currently pouring rain with some wind. I think I'll stay inside lol.

Is there anything that notates a stock oem muffler?
A stock muffler will look factory, and I believe will have a ford logo or part number stamped on it

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A stock muffler will look factory, and I believe will have a ford logo or part number stamped on it
I did look for the Ford logo on both sides and nothing was found. I mean it did say flowmaster on it. So I am assuming it is aftermarket but I am just trying to figure out what the PO did or had done. I might as well go try and snap a picture right now, ill have it up in a few minutes!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hurried up and froze my noogies off lol. But I snapped some quick ones!

Attachments

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No here's stock
thanks for the clarification! I was assuming they weren't stock but when you been up since 330am anything can defeat the unknowing mind. Any idea how the pypes cut and clamp x pipe will sound with these? rather than the factory h pipe?

·
Registered
2,789 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Then you won't notice much diff at all
well if I had a tuner I would get the o/r x pipe. but right now I do not. so this was the easiest thing to do for right now, since being there are already axle backs on the car lol.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Quick question, with the pypes off road h pipe on AM, if you buy the cats with it, can you swap the cats out when smogging comes? And then take them out after?

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Quick question, with the pypes off road h pipe on AM, if you buy the cats with it, can you swap the cats out when smogging comes? And then take them out after?
Not the pypes version no, but I swap my stock h pipe with my pypes off road x pipe when emissions come

·
Registered
660 Posts
Not the pypes version no, but I swap my stock h pipe with my pypes off road x pipe when emissions come
Alright for sure. Im thinking about getting shorty headers and the off road H in a few months. Ill probably just do the same thing as you when it comes to emissions.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts