Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Mustang GT and was having front-end rattle everytime I drove over speed-bumps, drive-way seams or small bumps. I scoured the forums and came up with a list of things to address and took it to my local shop. The owner drives a 2007 Shelby GT, so I figured this was the place to go.

Well, let's just say I have a whole new front-end now. We first addressed the sway-bar bushings and link-kits. When it was taken in for an alignment after, it was found to need new strut-mounts. So, new mounts and struts. Back to the alignment-shop. Nope, still had play and unable to adjust for the alignment. Added new outer tie-rod ends and new LCA's, as they contain the integral ball-joints. It was a go. I now have a new front-end and the rattle and clunk are gone.

BTW, the 2006 GT has 75,000-miles on it. I hope the front-end is good for another 75-K. Hope this helps anyone else having front-end rattle and clunk.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I have a 2006 Mustang GT and was having front-end rattle everytime I drove over speed-bumps, drive-way seams or small bumps. I scoured the forums and came up with a list of things to address and took it to my local shop. The owner drives a 2007 Shelby GT, so I figured this was the place to go.

Well, let's just say I have a whole new front-end now. We first addressed the sway-bar bushings and link-kits. When it was taken in for an alignment after, it was found to need new strut-mounts. So, new mounts and struts. Back to the alignment-shop. Nope, still had play and unable to adjust for the alignment. Added new outer tie-rod ends and new LCA's, as they contain the integral ball-joints. It was a go. I now have a new front-end and the rattle and clunk are gone.

BTW, the 2006 GT has 75,000-miles on it. I hope the front-end is good for another 75-K. Hope this helps anyone else having front-end rattle and clunk.
Thanks for the info. The strut mounts and rod ends on these cars usually go relatively quickly. A lot of people get these noises including myself and that's usually the fix.

·
Banned
510 Posts

**** me I have the same problem out of the passengers side. Did the end links and a strut mount. Ill try the lca

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All of the parts removed on my fix were literally "toast". The gasket/bushing on the passenger-side strut-mount was brittle and the bearings fell out in your hand. The boots on the link-kits were torn. The boots and knuckles of the ball-joints, an integral-part of the LCA's, were bone-dry. ALL of the new parts have grease-fittings on them and they are urethane, instead of rubber. The rubber OEM sway-bar-bushings were crushed or compressed, so that let there be slop 'twixt the sway-bar and the bushing. Now, they, too, are urethane. It sure makes a difference and I feel it is like it was new or better. Drive safe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts