Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First thanks for the membership to this group. I grew up a motor head. My first car was a 67 Fastback K. Dad owned an auto shop. My 15 yr old son has worked and saved and bought this car. It’s as close to perfect as you can get for a 2006. Did not run. If you jumped the fuel pump relay it would run. No command to the relay to run from the computer. I sent the computer off and had it repaired. They said it had some cold solder joints. I’m in the building automation business and build my own airplanes. What they told me just didn’t add up. But I got it back and installed and got the same results as before. I was getting random codes as well. But 20 of them. Tells me a computer, power or ground issue. I took every connector I could find under the hood apart. Even pulled fuse panel off. No corrosion at all. Put it together and it ran fine but codes came back. They will clear and come back in a day. Car runs great though. I have read of a junction behind the rich kick panel. Has anyone had a similar experience? Could the dealer dive a definitive conclusion on the PCM? Thanks is advance.

Dewey

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
New development. Cleared codes and it will not start now . Same issue as I started with. I’m beating my head bloody here.

·
Registered
162 Posts
First thanks for the membership to this group. I grew up a motor head. My first car was a 67 Fastback K. Dad owned an auto shop. My 15 yr old son has worked and saved and bought this car. It’s as close to perfect as you can get for a 2006. Did not run. If you jumped the fuel pump relay it would run. No command to the relay to run from the computer. I sent the computer off and had it repaired. They said it had some cold solder joints. I’m in the building automation business and build my own airplanes. What they told me just didn’t add up. But I got it back and installed and got the same results as before. I was getting random codes as well. But 20 of them. Tells me a computer, power or ground issue. I took every connector I could find under the hood apart. Even pulled fuse panel off. No corrosion at all. Put it together and it ran fine but codes came back. They will clear and come back in a day. Car runs great though. I have read of a junction behind the rich kick panel. Has anyone had a similar experience? Could the dealer dive a definitive conclusion on the PCM? Thanks is advance.

Dewey
I have same car, 4.6 lowered, 20's(by other owner), mint, 5 speed auto, 67K orig :) - so above are the codes??? Sure sounds like a ground issue.
P.S. Howdy neighbor, I'm in Hutto ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts