Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 and recently it has begun to chime while I am driving. No lights are on and the car is running fine. It starts chiming once, then three times, then 5. Anyone know what it means? It is not low in gas, although last week when it began chiming I was very low on fuel. Any ideas welcome. It's driving me nuts!! I took it in to the shop but when they drove it, it didn't chime. :)

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Did you have your seatbelt on? It sounds like the driver seat belt reminder chime.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Hmmm.......not sure? Maybe somebody else will chime in.

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
That was happening to someone I know. It turned out that he hadn't closed the trunk lid fully and while driving it would move just enough to set off the sensor that it was open, but he never saw the alert on the screen because by the time he looked it was "closed" again. So try your trunk lid just in case.

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
That was happening to someone I know. It turned out that he hadn't closed the trunk lid fully and while driving it would move just enough to set off the sensor that it was open, but he never saw the alert on the screen because by the time he looked it was "closed" again. So try your trunk lid just in case.
That would be my best guess, if not your door may not be closed all the way. Let us know if that fixed the problem, or if you found out. In case mine starts to do this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That would be my best guess, if not your door may not be closed all the way. Let us know if that fixed the problem, or if you found out. In case mine starts to do this.
It WAS the trunk! Totally embarrassing but it just wasn't closed completely! Thank you!

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

You were right it was the Trunk! Thank you do much!!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
:good::good::good::good:

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
It WAS the trunk! Totally embarrassing but it just wasn't closed completely! Thank you!

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

You were right it was the Trunk! Thank you do much!!
Hey I've done that! I was worried for second. I get paranoid that it's a new thing. I'm really enjoying not having a car payment.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey I've done that! I was worried for second. I get paranoid that it's a new thing. I'm really enjoying not having a car payment.
I totally understand about not having a car payment! Unfortunately I just had to have the Harmonic Balancer replaced this week. But at least I took it in before it fell apart completely.

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
I'm glad that it was a simple "repair"! It's always nice to find out that there is an easy fix.

And if it hadn't been for the other person who had the same issue I probably wouldn't have thought of it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Haha I was at school and my buddies took my keys to my mustang and poped the trunk and I had the same problem I didn't know if it was broke lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts