Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter has a 2006 Mustang V-6 W/Pony Package. Tire size is
P235/55/ZR17. Someone has a set of winter tires for sale from a 2003 Mustang, tire size P225/55/R16. It looks like both set of wheels have a 4.5 bolt pattern. Do you think the 2003 tires and wheels will work on the 2006? And will there be a problem if we use the 16" tires and wheels instead of the 17" wheels and tires?

·
Registered
216 Posts
As long as they fit, the only thing I'd be worried about is height being the same as the factory size for the 07 throwing off speedometer. But if the tires and wheels are going to used only for icy conditions, I don't think it would matter much since speed (IMO) is moot and drive as conditions warrant.
I personally run the factory 17" with Goodyear Eagle GT tires year round but in Texas we really only see maybe 3 or 4 days of good ice and snow. They did really well the last couple of years in all weather but I also have plenty of experience driving (trucks, rwd and fwd) in anything Mother Nature can throw at me. It still takes skill and knowing the vehicle and how it reacts to different situations regardless of the tires on ice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts