Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my 2007 Mustang GT it seems that the whole electric system is going out, in the last few months the CD player, passenger window, and now the speedometer/odometer has gone out, and I can't seem to fix that one...

The story is that the speedometer reading reads zero, the odometer doesn't record the miles, and the car dings error messages at me about it as we drive along. I replaced the speedometer/odometer sensor module in the transmission thinking that's what it had to be and it made no difference. I have no idea what to check next. Is this a common problem or am I the only one?

One thing is for sure, if one more thing happens to this car I am getting it fixed and trading it in the same day. End of story, it's on notice. It's really stupid, I have a 81 bronco with 1/3 million miles on it and everything still works, not this car, it's adamantly broken in some way at any given time. :banghead:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
DesertRat said:
In my 2007 Mustang GT it seems that the whole electric system is going out, in the last few months the CD player, passenger window, and now the speedometer/odometer has gone out, and I can't seem to fix that one...

The story is that the speedometer reading reads zero, the odometer doesn't record the miles, and the car dings error messages at me about it as we drive along. I replaced the speedometer/odometer sensor module in the transmission thinking that's what it had to be and it made no difference. I have no idea what to check next. Is this a common problem or am I the only one?

One thing is for sure, if one more thing happens to this car I am getting it fixed and trading it in the same day. End of story, it's on notice. It's really stupid, I have a 81 bronco with 1/3 million miles on it and everything still works, not this car, it's adamantly broken in some way at any given time. :banghead:
Sorry man... OBD reader show any codes?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I don't own an OBD reader,

but the data display reads:
FUEL LEVEL LOW
DTE ODO DATA ERROR
if that helps...

·
Registered
1,171 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Sounds like the computer is messed up. Try pulling battery cable for 15 minutes and then hook back and reset computer.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've gotta say I've had a lot of the same problems with my 2005 mustang gt, the dealer even replaced the ECM awhile back under warranty but the electrical problems are coming back. I'm thinking it might be the ground wire so that's the next thing I'm looking into. Good luck with your issues and keep us posted please on how you end up fixing them.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
roushcoyotepony said:
I've gotta say I've had a lot of the same problems with my 2005 mustang gt, the dealer even replaced the ECM awhile back under warranty but the electrical problems are coming back. I'm thinking it might be the ground wire so that's the next thing I'm looking into. Good luck with your issues and keep us posted please on how you end up fixing them.
+11. Had similar problems with my '96 Monte!.. And it was a bad ground wire!..

·
Registered
294 Posts
my best friend has an 05 that he got a screaming deal on ($9500) because the 2 previous owners were always have different electrical problems with and after a few months of trying different things like the ground and behind the passenger side kick panel there is a major connector that can gun up and our cars have been known to leak water into that connector, you could try cleaning both sides of the white (I think) connector or the final thing and is what solved ALL of his problems is... ready... in you main fuse box in the engine bay there are 2 things that look like fuses, well guess what there not !!! they're a diode, one for the A/C and the other is for your COMPUTER you can try and swap your A/C diode with your computer and see if that helps.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sirtat said:
my best friend has an 05 that he got a screaming deal on ($9500) because the 2 previous owners were always have different electrical problems with and after a few months of trying different things like the ground and behind the passenger side kick panel there is a major connector that can gun up and our cars have been known to leak water into that connector, you could try cleaning both sides of the white (I think) connector or the final thing and is what solved ALL of his problems is... ready... in you main fuse box in the engine bay there are 2 things that look like fuses, well guess what there not !!! they're a diode, one for the A/C and the other is for your COMPUTER you can try and swap your A/C diode with your computer and see if that helps.
This is something I've heard about a few times. It'll be interesting to try it and see how mine behaves. Could you give me any more specific instructions on how to find the possibly gummed up connector in the passenger side kick panel please? I have the Chilton book though so I should be able to figure it out and maybe even post a diagram for others' future reference.

Edit: after reading the stangnet thread referenced above I found the diode in the fuse box is most likely "slot #53" here's hoping that or the ground is the problem as they're both cheap fixes!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts