Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perhaps someone will be able to enlighten me. I have a GT500 of 2007 with Kennie Bell, boost a pump, etc.. Cold engine starts OK. When hot, it starts and immediately dies. If I pump a little gas pedal I can maintain RPM. I engage 1st gear and start moving. After several minutes the engine idles without a problem.
Next time the same thing. Had anyone stumbled over this issue? How this should be dealt with?

· Administrator
1,654 Posts
Welcome and thank you for joining MustangEvolution!
Please read the Site Rules if you haven’t already.
I encourage you to complete your Account Settings.
If you need help posting? Please read this FAQ.

We’re happy you’ve chosen to join our community.

I’ll see if I can get someone in here to help you.

· Tech Advisor
2006 Mustang GT Deluxe
60 Posts
Perhaps someone will be able to enlighten me. I have a GT500 of 2007 with Kennie Bell, boost a pump, etc.. Cold engine starts OK. When hot, it starts and immediately dies. If I pump a little gas pedal I can maintain RPM. I engage 1st gear and start moving. After several minutes the engine idles without a problem.
Next time the same thing. Had anyone stumbled over this issue? How this should be dealt with?
Have you scanned the ECU for fault codes?
It sounds like the engine runs lean when it gets hot. Perhaps a vacuum leak?
Does the car have long tube headers?

· Tech Advisor
67 Posts
Have you scanned the ECU for fault codes?
It sounds like the engine runs lean when it gets hot. Perhaps a vacuum leak?
Does the car have long tube headers?
Thats what I was thinking as well!

Reactions: crjackson

· Tech Advisor
2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort
3,188 Posts
Hey, how bout pulling a couple plugs and seeing what they look like? The gap may be growing when hot. However, Cold start easy and hot start troubles do tend to guide toward thinking that the engine may be overfueling. Plugs could guide you here, too.

· Registered
40 Posts
There were no fault codes. The mechanics overhauled and cleaned CAI, and especially the throttle. The glitch seems to have gone. They say that since I rarely use the car gum may have deposited on the throttle parts and be the cause of hot start failure. They also checked the plugs.
As for overfueling the car drinks 7.13 mpg (adjusted by the tuner) and seems adequate for this setup with Kenne Bell.
Finally, I do not know whether they are right or not but malfunction is gone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts