Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to know anyone's suggestions on upgrades / modifications I should do to my 07 GT500.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I don't own a gt500, but I know someone who does. He says he loves it stock, but he put a K&N CAI and a tuner. Told me he added about 47 hp at the rear wheels. But that's what he told me.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Wanted to know anyone's suggestions on upgrades / modifications I should do to my 07 GT500.
Agree with # 3 post, in order to decide what to do, you have to have a goal.
Street use, drag racing, & road course driving require different mods. You figure out your goal & I'm sure several site members will be able to steer you in the right direction......good luck.
................... ( also a budget will decide what you'll be able to do )

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Everyone thank you for all your recommendations.

I wanted to add a decent amount of power without hurting the future value of the Shelby. Anywhere from 125+ rwhp, still take 93 octane would be an ideal goal.

Thxs again

·
Registered
594 Posts
In order to get that much your looking at full bolt ons....pulley, cai, tune, headers, o/r x pipe, upgraded HE, under drive pulley. With that your looking at 100-125 rwhp if you want any more you will need a supercharger upgrade...the Vmp is a great deal for the bang for buck....I will say this though I would suggest suspension first because if you can't put your new found power to the ground than what good is it... new shocks, struts, springs, Lcas & ucas, pan hard bar, sway bars, etc.

·
Registered
594 Posts
so you have a universal tune that is not set up for your pulley or cai or anything? U really need to have it custom tuned either dyno tuned or email tuned through...Lund bama Vmp etc I wouldn't trust the standard universal diablo sport tune...

·
Registered
49 Posts
godsdisciple85 said:
so you have a universal tune that is not set up for your pulley or cai or anything? U really need to have it custom tuned either dyno tuned or email tuned through...Lund bama Vmp etc I wouldn't trust the standard universal diablo sport tune...
What are you talking about?.. You tell them what kind of car you have..what you have done to it . Then they send you tune pre programmed to your car. There's no "universal tune"

·
Registered
594 Posts
Maybe I am wrong but I have never heard of diablo or sct doing custom tunes

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

On a side note, did you catch the fact that we posted at the same time just 12 hours across? I did not notice that before I posted just now but it's pretty crazy...lol...what are the odds?

·
Registered
49 Posts
godsdisciple85 said:

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

On a side note, did you catch the fact that we posted at the same time just 12 hours across? I did not notice that before I posted just now but it's pretty crazy...lol...what are the odds?
All I know is my cars fast as hell.. runs and drives perfect , ha that is strange

·
Registered
49 Posts
godsdisciple85 said:

Maybe you're right.. I think it might just be a high octane fuel tune.. And also for the pulley ..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts