Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of replacing my factory exhaust with a magnaflow magnapack - any thoughts or comments on this? I'm after a true muscle car sound...

·
Registered
88 Posts
I replaced mine with Flowmaster 40 series... It sounds better than stock... But there are times I wish it was more aggressive. If you have the ability to ride/listen to the actual ones you want on somebody's car I recommend it. Drone is something to watch also. I Cruz at 2,200 RPM and it is bearable, but when I press the gas I hear it... I am doing 75-80 mph.. But still... I did put Dynomat in the entire back end to lesson it. Good luck.

·
Registered
58 Posts
HonkeyKong said:
I really like the SLP Loudmouth exhaust or Bassani. I'm also in the exhaust conundrum! I want a deep growl with a little bit of throat to it but not too raspy.

Have you decided what to go with yet?

·
Registered
58 Posts
So, does replacing only the mufflers with an over the axle system make much of a difference in the sound on the GT500? Seems like a lot of the designs are straight through designs - I know they would be louder, but what about the more "traditional" designs? Flowmaster, Borla, ect?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Depends on how loud you want it and how much money you want to spend. If you want a screamer and the money to go all out get headers x-pipe axle backs. You can get a good sound by just throwing on a off road pipe or x and that's it or you can just throw on some muffler deletes and get the same effect. The later is the less expensive . But each brand gives a different tone u just gotta try to find some examples to listen to and find what you like.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mustangjm said:
I'm thinking of replacing my factory exhaust with a magnaflow magnapack - any thoughts or comments on this? I'm after a true muscle car sound...
I put in kooks long tube headers with X pipe and high flow cats and completed with
Flowmasters. Sound is very unique and I get allot of compliments and quite a few people have ran with this setup after hearing it. Not the cheapest system but you will not be dissapointed.

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
On my 07 I ran Kooks ltd,high flow cats and H pipe along with Mac boomtubes and the sound was amazing and I received a ton of compliments. That was a 3V so its a little different sound than the Shelby but Im sure that set up would be awesome on a 4V. Im running just a Roush axelback on the 5.0 now and there is no drone at any rpm and it screams when I get on her.

·
Registered
58 Posts
What about Roush exhausts? I've noticed they are cheaper than Borla's and I've always had good luck with Roush parts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
BossCNC said:
What about Roush exhausts? I've noticed they are cheaper than Borla's and I've always had good luck with Roush parts.
Rough makes an excellent product I had an 07 rush and was very happy with the exhaust note especially because it was a stage 3 I went with kooks on my Shelby because I wanted a very unique sound it really stands out from all the other gt500's regardless which way you go you are going to enjoy both systems.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts