Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Looks bad A$$..... I hate my center console.

Did you have to do some trimming? Where did you find the new one?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Dang I'd like to eventually do that as well. Was it pretty easy?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought the console from a pick a part junk yard. There is a lot of cutting to do on the new console. Not much to do to the car. You have to replace the e brake handle as well. It takes a lot of patience to trim and check. I still have to make mounting brackets for the front to fasten to the dash. Everything cost me just under 200 bucks

·
Registered
85 Posts
I bought the console from a pick a part junk yard. There is a lot of cutting to do on the new console. Not much to do to the car. You have to replace the e brake handle as well. It takes a lot of patience to trim and check. I still have to make mounting brackets for the front to fasten to the dash. Everything cost me just under 200 bucks
Wow. I would have never thought of this. But that looks dope! How did you come up with that?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow. I would have never thought of this. But that looks dope! How did you come up with that?
I saw a 2010 and was looking at the console and really liked it. It has more of a retro look and it feels higher quality so I thought why not

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
And then you just pieced it together? I've never seen that and I like it
It was trial and error. I bought the console and started cutting it to fit. The 2010 console is longer. It goes well into the inner kick panels. I used my original console as a template to rough cut the just started to fit and trim. The rear console mounts are the same but the from ones end up getting cut out of the new console so you have to make provisions for that. Also you need to use the e brake handle and shift boot from the new console because the originals won fit

·
Registered
85 Posts
It was trial and error. I bought the console and started cutting it to fit. The 2010 console is longer. It goes well into the inner kick panels. I used my original console as a template to rough cut the just started to fit and trim. The rear console mounts are the same but the from ones end up getting cut out of the new console so you have to make provisions for that. Also you need to use the e brake handle and shift boot from the new console because the originals won fit
Well thanks for showing me that. I think I am going to check that out and see what I can come up with.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Very nicely done. I did this same install. You seem to have cut off a little more than me up at the front which I may consider doing now. All the holes lined up on the front but I had to cut my radio bezel at the bottom a little bit which didnt bother me all that much because I was doing a tablet install as well. Be sure to post pics once you get it all finalized. I'll do the same if I can ever fabricate this radio bezel in a way that I'm happy with lol.

https://plus.google.com/photos/1012...s/5799958945748574737?authkey=COvWqInQ6KOE_wE

1 - 20 of 25 Posts