Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this hard to do what adapters if any do I need? Should I get it professionally installed?

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
Is this hard to do what adapters if any do I need? Should I get it professionally installed?
I would recommend an aftermarket deck it will be easier because it will have the spot to plug in the amp right on the back of the radio

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
Yes thank you
I can look it up at my work and see what it says cause if your stock radio doesn't have an out for the amp you would have to go with some sort of adapter to make it capable I will get back to you with the info man

·
Registered
146 Posts
All you need to do is you need a sub amp that has high level inputs.You will need to run a good quality Red + power cable.I ran one right from my battery back to my trunk.
This will take you the most time.You can also include a proper size fuse for the
amp in the wire.

You will also need a ground cable,this is easy you can
use any part of the metal body of the car.You then just tap wires from your rear speaker output into high level inputs to the sub amp.

Do searches its not to hard, if you take your time and read up.
Also before you do anything disconnect your battery.

·
Registered
217 Posts
All you need to do is you need a sub amp that has high level inputs.You will need to run a good quality Red + power cable.I ran one right from my battery back to my trunk.
This will take you the most time.You can also include a proper size fuse for the
amp in the wire.

You will also need a ground cable,this is easy you can
use any part of the metal body of the car.You then just tap wires from your rear speaker output into high level inputs to the sub amp.

Do searches its not to hard, if you take your time and read up.
Also before you do anything disconnect your battery.
This exactly. I did it myself. You can go a ford dealer and get the wiring schematic for the back for your stock deck.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Very easy... 12volt from battery you need a trigger source to turn amp on an off when keys are in ingnition and ground... A crossover that converts a speaker signal to a rca output and thats it

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I bought a crossover. Have yet to get consistent power to mine, its intermittent. I pulled the signal from the rear speakers. My theory is there are base filters to the rear speakers, which takes a strong base signal out then I lose enough signal to where my amp won't pick it up and send to the sub. I've checked my power/vround connections multiple times, wiring and everything. Very frustrating

·
Registered
322 Posts
You can use a 5 channel amp like the Apline v70 which has a auto turn on and high level inputs. Use a factory radio adapter and a reverse one to connect the amp in line of your radio and speakers. The 5th channel is a sub out which will only play low freq. I installed the same amp in different cars and is a very nice amp that will push over 350 watts rms at 2 ohms to a sub

·
Registered
35 Posts
For mine I just tapped off the back speaker in the trunk. Super Easy, sounds almost as good.

Go with this option unless your going for aftermarket deck.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For mine I just tapped off the back speaker in the trunk. Super Easy, sounds almost as good.

Go with this option unless your going for aftermarket deck.
And you didn't need to run a power cable for the amp to the battery?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
And you didn't need to run a power cable for the amp to the battery?
Yes you still need main power from the battery. You tap off a speaker to get the sound input.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
With the factory deck you won't run any wires directly to the deck.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I understand, I was all jacked up also the first time I ever did this many years ago.

Say you've got a standard 4-channel amp.

4 wires (+/-) from amp to each speaker

1 reference wire, this is the wire that tells the amp to come on. Does not need a lot of power, just a few milliamps for the signal. Should connect this one to most any wire that gets power as soon as you turn the key.

1 large power wire from amp to battery.

1 large ground wire, ground to chassis - the shorter the better.

Finally, you'll have the RCA outputs from the amp. With most aftermarket decks you'd just run your RCA's from the amp to the back of the deck. With factory decks its more of a pain, and you need your sound signal from your factory speaker wires. You accomplish this by wiring in a convertor, then connect the RCA's from your amp to the convertor.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Any car audio shop carries them, somewhere around $20 to $30

1 - 20 of 24 Posts