Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2010 4.0 with a 5 speed only drive for fun, weekends and or evenings looking to put some gears in . I have a tune,cold air now 410's or 373's I was told auto 373 5speed 410 tell me what you all think driving for fun.!

·
Registered
607 Posts
I have 2010 4.0 with a 5 speed only drive for fun, weekends and or evenings looking to put some gears in . I have a tune,cold air now 410's or 373's I was told auto 373 5speed 410 tell me what you all think driving for fun.!
373 is the best all around. 410 in my opinion is usually to much unless you have a 6 sp

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
373 is the best all around. 410 in my opinion is usually to much unless you have a 6 sp
I had 430s in my 06 GT and it was an auto. A bit much but a hell of a lot of fun. That said, It taks hp to turn a steep gear. 3.73 should be the max for a V6. I would look for a 8.8 rear out of a GT and do the gear change to it and then swap the whole rear axle. If I am not mistaken, the 2010 still had thr 7.5 rear and they are very weak and you will most likely kill it plus the 8.8 is a lsd rear and has the tlock diff. Better all around.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To add my car, which I have been tring to find more a was a marlbora hotlaps drift car check out you tube marbora mustang 2010 dover hotlaps. The car has subframe cont, pypes mind mufflers and locking rear which checking the old fashion way it has like 331 in it now car runs good like I said just for fun

Attachments

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
If your car is just a weekender/fun car do 4.10s, people who debate between 3.73 and 4.10s are usually concerned about mpg, but if its just a weekender you don't really have to worry about it.

·
Registered
730 Posts
To add my car, which I have been tring to find more a was a marlbora hotlaps drift car check out you tube marbora mustang 2010 dover hotlaps. The car has subframe cont, pypes mind mufflers and locking rear which checking the old fashion way it has like 331 in it now car runs good like I said just for fun
looks great!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts