Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced spark plugs,check engine light still on,just a little over 2000 miles,that's right,2000 miles.Next step?

·
Premium Member
5,644 Posts
Why did you change the plugs first? Did you have the check engine light read at a shop or like an autozone?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why did you change the plugs first? Did you have the check engine light read at a shop or like an autozone?

Check engine light came on a few months ago,dealer replaced 1 plug,said it probably fouled from sitting too much? Didn't want to wait 3 days for appointment,figured why not do what I can do at home,engine was idling rough,check engine light flashing on once in a while.That seems to have stopped,steady idle,no missing after replacing all 6 plugs,just figured "age" of plugs? Hey,thanks for taking the time to reply

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check engine light came on a few months ago,dealer replaced 1 plug,said it probably fouled from sitting too much? Didn't want to wait 3 days for appointment,figured why not do what I can do at home,engine was idling rough,check engine light flashing on once in a while.That seems to have stopped,steady idle,no missing after replacing all 6 plugs,just figured "age" of plugs? Hey,thanks for taking the time to reply
No,I didn't get a read on check engine light,it's Sunday,girl at Autozone let me use her computer to find parts myself

·
Premium Member
5,644 Posts
Sometimes you have to clear the check engine lights to see if the light comes back on for same issue or new issue. If it's still misfiring it could be the coil pack

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2010 V6

Thanks,I'll give it a try...you've got a nice ride,I like the front end treatment,the blacked out look PC

·
Registered
274 Posts
Not sure about the Mustangs but I know on my 2006 Kia the key had to be turned 25 times before the code would clear, unless you cleared it with a code reader.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I had a misfire so I replaced all plugs, then the wires, then the coil pack and could not get rid of the code. I called Kia and they stated that's what it was so in reality I could have replaced one plug and be done, but instead I put a good amount of money into it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
post the code?

I don't know how and where to find code, I disconnected the battery for about thirty minutes today and after re-connecting everything seems fine,so far.Thanks for the assist

·
Banned
2,140 Posts
I don't know how and where to find code, I disconnected the battery for about thirty minutes today and after re-connecting everything seems fine,so far.Thanks for the assist
You plug a reader into the OBD port under the dash. Any auto parts store will read the code for you for free. Also consider getting yourself a code reader. Best tool you can have in your toolbox. You can get them for less that $20 these days.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts