Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2010 v6 with 93 hybrid bama tune, bbk cai, and a ford racing dual exaust and my buddy has a stock 2000 Honda prelude with a vtec engine. Who would win at the track?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I honestly had no idea I've never seen a prelude race and my buddy seems to think that his can keep up with me. Ill have to set him straight

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Thanks for the quick reply!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
to him, your car will look like a GT500 at the track

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,876 Posts
I've got a 2010 v6 with 93 hybrid bama tune, bbk cai, and a ford racing dual exaust and my buddy has a stock 2000 Honda prelude with a vtec engine. Who would win at the track?
I agree with everyone here, there's not much of a comparison between the two. You shouldn't have any issues walking him at the track!

Remember to be Safe and have Fun!

-Dan

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
According to the specs, both cars are compatible stock for stock, with a slight edge going to you. But with your mods you should be able to take him.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Ive never seen a stock prelude dip into even a high 15 :D ...ive only raced a few but if they were supposed to be that quick none of those drivers at the track knew

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Ive never seen a stock prelude dip into even a high 15 :D ...ive only raced a few but if they were supposed to be that quick none of those drivers at the track knew
If you go to the track, you will see almost NO ONE can drive. They just 'park hard' and smoke the tires.

I'd say less than 5% of people can drive their stock times in a modded car lol.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I beat Lightings and wrxs in my Lincoln, haha reaction time is a few cars lengths if your good

·
Registered
89 Posts
this is a joke right? a prelude is lucky to keep up with a 99-04 v6 :good: so no worries my friend
VTEC Prelude should beat a 99-04 V6 every time, all things equal. Should be a very close race against an '05+ given a good driver, and the edge goes to the Prelude as speeds increase. Assuming you're doing a 1-mile drag race, of course ;)

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
VTEC Prelude should beat a 99-04 V6 every time, all things equal. Should be a very close race against an '05+ given a good driver, and the edge goes to the Prelude as speeds increase. Assuming you're doing a 1-mile drag race, of course ;)
which of course we don't..this is not a street racing forum keep that in mind. :good:

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
I'll make sure to let the hundred (thousands?) of people that do mile speed contests know that they are wasting their time...

TEXAS MILE // OFFICIAL SITE // 3 DAYS, 1 MILE: NO SPEED LIMIT
:lmao: nobody mentioned a legit event...that of course being ok. however i will say the prelude would still lose. I've raced to many of them in stock trim to believe otherwise. However if you've lost to some that's alright we've all had our own experiences on the track :good:...good for op to get opinions from all different angles.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
No way in hell a prelude would beat a new edge v6. The numbers don't even compare. The si might come close but the prelude has alot less torque than a new edge v6 has

1 - 20 of 44 Posts