Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure why it is seeming to be nearly impossible for me to find this part.

I am looking for an oem fuel filter for my 2011 v6 mustang. According to cjponyparts the part number is FG-1083 but this same exact part on advancedauto and autozone tell me it wont fit my car so WTF is going on. I cant understand why this is so difficult to find. Americanmuscle seems to not even have the 2011 version and only has one for 05-10 model years

I guess ill have to call my local dealership monday to get the correct information if no one else can help

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
Your car doesn't have a fuel filter.... Not one that is serviceable anyway.

There is a filter inside of the fuel tank that never requires servicing.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will have to double check but to my knowledge there is a fuel filter located under the car right beneath the drivers side door. I have watched a video of someone changing it so unless he had a 5.0 and the 5.0 has it and 3.7 does not then idk

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
Possibly the 2010 S197 may have a traditional fuel filter. That was an oddball year where they used the 4.6 3V from the old body style in the new "refreshed" body.
I'm pretty sure that all of the Cyclone and Coyote powered cars have the non-serviceable in-tank fuel filter.

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
I will have to double check but to my knowledge there is a fuel filter located under the car right beneath the drivers side door. I have watched a video of someone changing it so unless he had a 5.0 and the 5.0 has it and 3.7 does not then idk
2005-10 model years that was true, fuel filter was replaceable and was under the driver's seat basically on the bottom of car along the rail.

In 2011 Ford moved to the 'lifetime' fuel filter in the tank though and it is not a serviceable part.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts