Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I attended the Shift Sector Airstrip Attack in Coalinga, Ca. this past weekend. I raced a lot of cars, I whipped a stock 2013 M3, and a 2013 stock Chally SRT8... and oddly enough got my a$$ handed to me by a new highly modified VW GTI (want to see the video?). I also lost by about 2 car lengths to an LS2 powered GTO with a cam & 100 shot, we re-raced with him on all motor an he got clobbered. I trapped a best 139 from a 30 MPH rolling start to 1/2 mile. There were about 20 GTRs there with a few Alphas that hit 200-205MPH, by far the fastest cars at the event... absolutely amazing to watch.

Here's a vid that I thought was cool of me against a BMW M3 Dinan (2011 or 12 I think). I don't know the extent of his mods, but they must have been significant because against a stock 2013 M3 I put about a bus length or 2 on it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
358 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What kind of mods do you have and what hp/tq you putting down??
Pretty tame so far... C&L intake, dyno tuned at GTR in Rancho Cucamonga, 3.73 gear swap. Dynod at 383 HP, 350 ft lbs TQ. I'm wondering if a Boss IM would help at this type of half mile event... I wasn't pulling much once I hit fifth. I think I would've edged him out if I had a few More HP up top.

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

So you showed an even match with a $70K car...NICE:good:
Gotta love it right?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When the 2011 5.0 came out it beat the 2011 M3 per motortrend but they still gave the win to the M3.
Yes, but that was on a road course and the M3 won but by just 1/10th of a second. I whooped the stock new M3 really bad this same day but of course straight line is very different. The Dinan upgrade for BMWs is a pretty major performance difference, I just didn't get a chance afterward to talk to the driver to see what.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
M3 is an awesome car...and all of those car and motorcycle mags are bias....
I really like the M3 also. But if I could afford that, I'd save a bit more and wait for a GTR... I know blasphemy!

·
Banned
1,681 Posts
The dinan s3-r m3 is putting down 527 hp. He must of just had the exterior package or suspension package. There are a couple different trim levels from dinan. The most expensive being almost 50k.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,488 Posts
Pretty tame so far... C&L intake, dyno tuned at GTR in Rancho Cucamonga, 3.73 gear swap. Dynod at 383 HP, 350 ft lbs TQ. I'm wondering if a Boss IM would help at this type of half mile event... I wasn't pulling much once I hit fifth. I think I would've edged him out if I had a few More HP up top.
Absolutely the boss IM would help, that is where it shines is in the upper rpms

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The dinan s3-r m3 is putting down 527 hp. He must of just had the exterior package or suspension package. There are a couple different trim levels from dinan. The most expensive being almost 50k.
Yup... It looks like there's a software kit that's $800 too to raise redline, remove governor and add a whopping 9 HP. I wonder what else he had?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Anyone know of anyone with a full Bolton coyote who has gone against a similarly equipped m3?
I would like to no this as well. And how a 5.0 would stack up stock for stock vs an m3 in the 1/4 mile and a roll start

·
Registered
428 Posts
I would like to no this as well. And how a 5.0 would stack up stock for stock vs an m3 in the 1/4 mile and a roll start
Youtube had a video on that and they tied like 6 times . the stang pulled it out by a hair on the last one lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts