Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone having issues with their caliper piston sticking on the coyote mustang? my driverside stuck and so i replaced it. i noticed because i kept hearing this terrible creaking noise overtime i pressed the brake. so i replaced the front driver side caliper and went ahead and did steal braided brake lines, but now the passenger side is stuck, but i believe it was already stuck before the upgraded lines.. Should i just upgrade my brake kit? or just replace the passenger caliper and see if it resolves itself?

Any help would be great thanks:thumb:

·
Registered
621 Posts
This happened to both rears in my daughter's 2010 GT. Replaced both of them (on separate occasions) and never had another problem. Unless you are tracking the car, my opinion is that a brake upgrade is not necessary. Nice, but not necessary.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
How many miles are on the car? You likely arent seizing the pistons, but rather the slide pins. Its a very easy fix to just pull them off and regrease them, they dont exactly get a liberal coating from the factory.

·
Registered
102 Posts
anyone having issues with their caliper piston sticking on the coyote mustang? my driverside stuck and so i replaced it. i noticed because i kept hearing this terrible creaking noise overtime i pressed the brake. so i replaced the front driver side caliper and went ahead and did steal braided brake lines, but now the passenger side is stuck, but i believe it was already stuck before the upgraded lines.. Should i just upgrade my brake kit? or just replace the passenger caliper and see if it resolves itself?

Any help would be great thanks:thumb:

I replaced my passenger side caliper on my 11 GT a few months ago. I changed the brake line first...didn't fix the creaking. I put it up on a lift and it was still sticking, the slides were greased as well, that wasn't my problem. So then replaced the caliper. Problem solved! No more seizing up or noise.

·
Registered
900 Posts
How many miles are on the car? You likely arent seizing the pistons, but rather the slide pins. Its a very easy fix to just pull them off and regrease them, they dont exactly get a liberal coating from the factory.
That would be my first check. Bought a new Ranger back in 04 and one slide on front pass side was w/o grease! IMO it's worthwhile to pull it and check when you have the wheel off if nothing else but for piece of mind.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My passenger side is making a squeeling/ whistling sound while driving. Would this be signs of the same thing you guys have experienced?

I figured it was just as simple as the pads

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The car has 45k miles on it. And I greased the pins already. It was both caliper pistons. I know because when I took them off I had a buddy push the brakes and I only saw one piston move. But it's fixed now I replaced both front ones and no issues! :thumb:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My passenger side is making a squeeling/ whistling sound while driving. Would this be signs of the same thing you guys have experienced?

I figured it was just as simple as the pads

Sounds like pads to me. The caliper only made noise when I applied the brakes. The squeak was when I pressed them. Even if i wasn't moving. But could be pads are rotors. Are your rotors smooth? Feel if there are grooves in it.

·
Registered
582 Posts
My rears did this as a result of aftermarket stainless lines. The banjo bolt was just a touch too long and was pressing against them.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
The car has 45k miles on it. And I greased the pins already. It was both caliper pistons. I know because when I took them off I had a buddy push the brakes and I only saw one piston move. But it's fixed now I replaced both front ones and no issues! :thumb:
That is interesting, never heard of that happening before. Good to know.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sounds like pads to me. The caliper only made noise when I applied the brakes. The squeak was when I pressed them. Even if i wasn't moving. But could be pads are rotors. Are your rotors smooth? Feel if there are grooves in it.

This happens when I go on the brakes I think. Not so noticeable while drive. But it is there

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Might wanna take some time take your caliper off that's making the sound and remove it along with the brake pads and have a buddy press the brakes and see if both pistons come out or only one. If only one I'm pretty sure it's jacked.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts