Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 40 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Boss 302 beats the EVO around the course. Shouldn't take much at all for the 15 to beat the Boss. And the EVO is going out of production

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Because the Evo is slow. I love how it handles though it's like driving something on rails. But mod the Evo up to 400-500 hp and see who wins lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
235 Posts
Not seen one review that said 15 has a better .25 mile or even a better 60ft.

More horse power? Sure - by a very marginal difference. Handles corners better? Sure, but I don't take my car to Walkins Glenn.

Stop light, street tires, stock for stock - I'm of the impression a 14 will pull on the 15.

Not saying it isn't a nice car. But it is apples to oranges - and in this case. My apple is faster in real world dick measuring contests.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Not seen one review that said 15 has a better .25 mile or even a better 60ft.

More horse power? Sure - by a very marginal difference. Handles corners better? Sure, but I don't take my car to Walkins Glenn.

Stop light, street tires, stock for stock - I'm of the impression a 14 will pull on the 15.

Not saying it isn't a nice car. But it is apples to oranges - and in this case. My apple is faster in real world dick measuring contests.

Look up motor trend and auto week both say it's faster

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm personally glad it's still here after 50 years and they're committed to making it better and better. Competition keeps coming, new models coming in the next year. Should be a fun time for Mustang enthusiasts and car guys all around. Their different cars that were intended for different things. I don't compare my '14 to a '15, they'll each do something's better than the other. I can't wait for the GT350 or whatever is coming up.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Rap, you're fighting a losing battle against someone who just bought a new car. Of course they're going to talk up and justify their purchase. Talking to a wall.
^ This.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Look up motor trend and auto week both say it's faster

Not motor trend. It has the 15 do 0-60 in 4.4s vs the 13/14 in 4.3 and the quarter mile is also a tick slower.

And auto week is negligible in everything they say.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Well there are also things called women and sex but this is a mustang forum... Oh you mean corners and road racing and stuff lol

·
Registered
621 Posts
I enjoy twisty's more than drag, now drag is fun just not as much as backroads to me. Everyone has their preferences and we all should get along, we are pony owners, all of us.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,697 Posts
There is more than just drag racing:what::what::what:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Yea, might be why LeMans and F1 are the most popular racing in the world. And drag racing is mostly just USA and Australia.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,697 Posts
I enjoy twisty's more than drag, now drag is fun just not as much as backroads to me. Everyone has their preferences and we all should get along, we are pony owners, all of us.

Same. I love going fast, but being able to rip through corners like you are on rails is much more enjoyable to me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
2015 mustang is not my personal favorite, the front end looks like a volvo and the rear looks like a monster sat on the trunk and squished it. But the important thing is you like it, you paying the note on it! And a mustang is the last choice for me if i was a road racer, theres way better corner huggers to chose from, mustangs have always been more of a drag racer IMO, Im sure by 2017 the mustang will look more different and more like a muscle car.:cool:

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
The guy that wins (quite often mind you) the TT2 series down here in Texas drives a mustang, one that has to weigh 3800 lbs to keep up with the class power:weight ratio. The Mustang is an incredibly capable corner carver, and the 15 has vastly improved on that.

I've seen 3 now in person, Deep Impact blue, Black, white, and they're all absolutely beautiful. Some people don't like it because it isn't "muscle enough," but I disagree. This is a sleek and sexy car that carries its lines very well. If I wouldn't be upside down on my current GT id be thinking real hard about trading it in. Maybe i'll just give it a year or 2 for the kinks to be worked out and the depreciation to catch up with my car, but corners are my thing. I'll hopefully be in one before too long.

The mustang has always been kind of a 1 trick pony, No offense to the Drag racing guys, and the S197 developed quite a bit on that; but the S550 is really bringing the mustang into the modern erra of performance vehicles.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,697 Posts
Let's be real. The Mustang has never really been a drag car. Not even back in the old day. (I'm sure ish would love to hear this lol). The true muscle cars and drag cars were the Chevelles, Firebirds, Camaros, CUDAs, GTOs, Torinos.... The things with the huge displacement engines putting out tons of power, not the little 289.

The Mustang was originally a nice little peppy family car when it first came out. It was when all those other cars listed above came out that Ford started to step up the game. Only reason the Mustang didn't die was because it wasn't specifically set toward one goal. Power.

Don't get me wrong I love Mustangs. But they were never meant to be "Muscle", in my eyes they have always been a pony car, and pony cars do more than just go fast in a straight line.

·
Registered
114 Posts
S197's are lighter cars than the new s550's. I don't mind the new look but wish they could have kept the weight down. I would be happy with an s550 considering they can handle more boost out the box than a coyote could due to a bottom end similar to the boss 302. So for all the argument sake of the extra pounds, just throw some boost at it and call it a day

·
Registered
106 Posts
Let's be real. The Mustang has never really been a drag car. Not even back in the old day. (I'm sure ish would love to hear this lol). The true muscle cars and drag cars were the Chevelles, Firebirds, Camaros, CUDAs, GTOs, Torinos.... The things with the huge displacement engines putting out tons of power, not the little 289.

The Mustang was originally a nice little peppy family car when it first came out. It was when all those other cars listed above came out that Ford started to step up the game. Only reason the Mustang didn't die was because it wasn't specifically set toward one goal. Power.

Don't get me wrong I love Mustangs. But they were never meant to be "Muscle", in my eyes they have always been a pony car, and pony cars do more than just go fast in a straight line.

I disagree. The mustang started drag racing in '65 and won a lot of races. That was before some of the cars you mentioned were even thought about. And they had 427s in them.

I like the 2015s but not as much as some of the other years. In my opinion I like the 11-12 body style the best. That's why I bought a 2012. I had a 2011 gt500 and I like that mix of body styles. (13-14 front, 11-12 rear) as far as performance goes I'm 100 times more likely to get in a random drag race as opposed to driving to an actual track and try to set lap times so the solid rear is more to my liking. Despite all of that my car is not stock so comparing it to a stock 2015 is a waste of time.

OP awesome car.

·
Registered
115 Posts
At a Ford dealership right now my folks wanted to try the ford escape. There happens to be a '15 here so i was checking it out. I hated the the looks of the one i saw online but in person its growing on me

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Mustang Evolution mobile app

21 - 40 of 236 Posts