Mustang Evolution Forum banner

41 - 60 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I disagree. The mustang started drag racing in '65 and won a lot of races. That was before some of the cars you mentioned were even thought about. And they had 427s in them.

I like the 2015s but not as much as some of the other years. In my opinion I like the 11-12 body style the best. That's why I bought a 2012. I had a 2011 gt500 and I like that mix of body styles. (13-14 front, 11-12 rear) as far as performance goes I'm 100 times more likely to get in a random drag race as opposed to driving to an actual track and try to set lap times so the solid rear is more to my liking. Despite all of that my car is not stock so comparing it to a stock 2015 is a waste of time.

OP awesome car.

I didn't like the tail lights in the 2010-2012 because of the full red look and tinting them are illegal. That's why I like the 13-14 because they're blacked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
91 Posts
The 15' is really nice in its own way. Its abandoned the mustang look we all love and looks more like an Audi or Infiniti coupe, which is cool. Some might be excited for a new look where most of us like this retro phase because we're fans of the 60's early 70's mustangs. But yeah the new one almost resembles a new maxima or something. Not for me since I'm a big 67 gt500 fan.

Most tests do say it feels better, but of course it does, its newer.. thats always the case. If you buy a new koenigsegg agera r you have the baddest car on the road in about a year or two it won't be anymore.. So just go by looks and add power..

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
They won't say stuff about it in some states. In wv however they do because I tinted mine the exact way you did! Lol

·
Registered
224 Posts
'65 brought the Shelby GT 350 Mustang which kicked serious ass in road racing with basically suspension tweeks and a hipo 289 motor.
Any 1st gen Mustangs with big block would basically be funny cars with a beam front end. Stuffing anything bigger than a 351w in there requires losing the shock towers.
Personally, I used to 1/4 - it was fun but over in 12-14 seconds, depending on ride. Track day sessions usually run 20 minutes and incorporate a lot more driver involvement/technique. That's where I have my fun these days.

·
Registered
968 Posts
This forum has really become trite lately. 95% of posts are either asking what gears/exhaust to buy or they are talking about how ugly the 2015 is. Get over it already. It isn't like your constant "giving of your honest opinion" is going to make Ford redesign the car. Hollllllly crap.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Talk about ugly car. Saw one today, I almost gagged.

I saw a stingray today. That only cemented that I will own one.

Attachments

·
ME Bloodhound
14,697 Posts
'65 brought the Shelby GT 350 Mustang which kicked serious ass in road racing with basically suspension tweeks and a hipo 289 motor.
Any 1st gen Mustangs with big block would basically be funny cars with a beam front end. Stuffing anything bigger than a 351w in there requires losing the shock towers.
Personally, I used to 1/4 - it was fun but over in 12-14 seconds, depending on ride. Track day sessions usually run 20 minutes and incorporate a lot more driver involvement/technique. That's where I have my fun these days.

Where have you raced at? I'm hoping to start doing some track days. I'll start off slow. But i want to do some at Sonoma and Laguna Seca (Northern Cali)

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
This forum has really become trite lately. 95% of posts are either asking what gears/exhaust to buy or they are talking about how ugly the 2015 is. Get over it already. It isn't like your constant "giving of your honest opinion" is going to make Ford redesign the car. Hollllllly crap.

People can still express how they feel about the car. And without speaking up and voicing your opinion then there is no chance of a change.

2014 5.OHHHHHH

·
Registered
224 Posts
Where have you raced at? I'm hoping to start doing some track days. I'll start off slow. But i want to do some at Sonoma and Laguna Seca (Northern Cali)
I grew up in NorCal and have been to Laguna for the vintage races in August probably 10 times, but always as a spectator. I'd love to drive it some day.
Now that I'm in SoCal, I've taken classes at Chuckwalla (out past Palm Springs - they have Groupons for the school and use Boss 302 cars), Willow Springs int'l Raceway with the Cobra Club, and Vapor ( private track by Palm Springs -bucket list score there - a friend works for the local Aston Martin dealer - nothing like beating on someone else's 300k car!).

Join the NorCal SAAC (Shelby club) - they have track days up at Thunder Hill and Sonoma as well I believe. Weekend track rates are usually around $200-250 total. You'll need a Snell rated helmet and a hard mounted fire extinguisher (quick detach).
I'm sure Sonoma has classes too - keep an eye out for Living Social/Groupon deals - enjoy!

·
Registered
968 Posts
People can still express how they feel about the car. And without speaking up and voicing your opinion then there is no chance of a change.

2014 5.OHHHHHH
There's sch a thing as beating a dead horse.

41 - 60 of 236 Posts