Mustang Evolution Forum banner

101 - 120 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Hey, are we arguing about different year mustangs on a mustang forum? LOL
This is exactly what I was thinking. All the 15 haters need to grow up and stop voicing their dislike of them in every related thread or how they should have gotten a 13/14 because there faster, better looking, or whatever they think. There have been numerous discussions on the topic (some of which are still going on) and its been beaten to death. When people post about purchasing a new (used) older Mustang everyone with new mustangs dont say how much better their cars are or how much better they look. Be happy for the guy for buying a car he likes and is happy with, if you feel like it post a complement or something constructive if not more on.

For anyone who doesn't like the 15's Ford has already made them and it is what it is. If you don't like it don't buy one. And if you dislike it that much sell go buy a Camaro.

BTW OP nice ride, the 15's have really grown on me especially in the darker colors.

·
Premium Member
5,321 Posts
I am still waiting to see one in person, my boss ordered a comp orange which I think will look great. He ordered in July and still.doesn't have a build.date. He has his all weather floor mats though :p

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
They look real good in comp orange. With the back diffuser painted black to break it up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
539 Posts
I like the dark green and the saddle brown seats

airaid cai, bbk tb, bbk shortys, Ford cut/clamp, magnaflow comp catback. bama tunes, 3.73s,

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I don't get it. You have a 2015 and around here they aren't even in the dealerships yet????

Cause as soon as they come in the owners who have been waiting pick them up.

I will say the roof line of the '15 and its interior are quite nice.

2014 5.OHHHHHH

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
I saw 2 on the drive up back to Fairfax from home today. Even though it was a quick look, they look much better in person.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
That's exactly what true blood must angers are complaining about...it drives like a BMW.

It's lost all the raw edge muscle car character in favor of a slick Euro luxury rider. Whatever floats your boat...but I test drove the 4 cylinder last week and hated it. If it makes any sense...

My problem with Ford here is that they are not improving and are phasing out the V6...which was the best selling engine for them on this car. This means that a fee years from now if we all want to change out our stangs, it will be either a super expensive V8, or a crappy ass 4 banger.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Spoken like a true Hypocrite.
That "crappy ass 4 banger" not only puts down GT levels of performance with a tire and tune only
12.6 @ 108 with radial
12.1 @ 112 with slicks
But also makes more power than ANY previous model GT save the S197 5.0 ... I fail to see what about it is crappy other than the fact you're upset it doesn't have 4 more cylinders?

Also, define "not improving." The cars interior is 100x nicer than the outgoing S197, it drives seconds per lap faster around a track, and every 1/4 video I have seen has it matching, or slightly losing (1-2 tenths) to the S197, but without a doubt out trapping it by 1-2 mph as well. Aside from maybe not like the cosmetics, I really do fail to see why everyone hates this car and views it as a failure...

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
Funny story...I went in to test drive one locally and the dude was like. We can only let you test drive it if your going to buy it. I was like....well how am I supposed to know if I want to buy it without test driving it? Came back driving the gt500 and they acted completely different. Needless to say I won't be buying from them. I did really like the test drive and the car. But I'm waiting for the specialty model before I decide what to do. They guys didn't even know how to get the car reverse to back it out to let me test drive it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
156 Posts
Isaw a V6 15 at the dealer when I had my oil changed this week.
To me its not that much different, all the body panels are only slightly changed. Most non Mustang civilians wont even notice.I like my 14 better!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Voltwings...

First of all hp numbers alone mean jack...I don't care if it puts down 500hp...conceptually, yes ideology and attitude DOES COUNT, a muscle car does not have 4 cylinders. That is a EUROPEAN concept. If I wanted a European car, I would buy one. The mustang is american pride and should stay that way. Aside from conceptually, the problem technically is that you are hauling ass on a 4 banger with a car that weighs like a truck ! Go look at the BMW, Jap cars that run those turbo 4 cyls and look at the weights. You can put down 1000hp crank but if it takes 900 just to get the damn thing moving then you can wipe your feet with it. There will be problems with that engine I guarantee you. Life expectancy will not be long...and this I am getting from the best mustang tuners on the West Coast, I am not pulling it out of my ass.

As for "not improving" I meant the 3.7 v6 engine....which has gone DOWN in hp instead of UP! This is a clear signal they are phasing it out...meaning...in some years if we want to get a new stang, it's either expensive GT or the 4 cylinder...with everything I just said above.

Moreover, I test drove it last week...smooth, quiet, precise, comfortable...those are NOT descriptors of an American muscle car. Ask your grandpa...it felt like an Audi, drove like an Audi and looked like one...

Oh yes, and it sounds like **** as well. Unless you leave on the "fake" engine sound coming through your speakers, yes just as BMW does...see the pattern here ?

Am I ideological ? You bet I am ! That is why we fell in love with the mustang...otherwise we could all be driving around in subarus.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
653 Posts
One of the new ones at the dealership where I got my 14 from. There was 4 (one rotating in the air), 2 ecos and the other V6. I honestly like the rear (except for this pony emblem), wide and mean looking, the top, and the interior. The front though is still a growing process. This is the 4th time I've seen it in person. Need to test drive it already!

Btw, when I was looking at them some person got there and asked if the one he was looking was the eco six or 5.0, after seeing the sticker. Uhh..pretty sure one can tell.

You need to know the rules, to break the rules

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
I hate to stir the pot anymore either but I have to somewhat agree with ^^^^^^ I think a mustang should be loud and fast. I hated they made ALL the mustangs with IRS. They should have a solid axle version

·
Registered
307 Posts
Holy crap. After reading this thread I'm ready to take a long break from car forums for a while. Is it "that time of the month" for some of you guys'? LOL

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
They should have definitely offered a live axle as an option.

101 - 120 of 236 Posts