Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys - My '11 GT had something hit my driver side headlight and now my lens has 2 cracks in it. Can the outer lens be replaced?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Going to have to buy another headlight assembly.

The lens can technically be replaced, however, you'd still have to buy another entire assembly since you can't buy lenses separately. Then you'd have to go through the trouble of splitting the lens from the housings (they are permasealed).

·
Registered
6 Posts
and... If you"re interested I have an Excellent used Left Headlite assly. (drivers side) that I could ship to you for $75 total including the shipping. PM me if you need a pic or Paypal details.. Mass to Maine wont take long at all to ship
Thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
I also had an incident that requires me to get a new assembly. Are there any really good aftermarket options or should I go with the OEM replacement through the dealership (can't seem to find the part anywhere else online somehow...)? I have a 2013 Mustang GT premium.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was patient and looked at craigslist, Face book, etc and found a pair for $100 locally, flashed $80 cash and the deal was done. A young man was installing tinted aftermarket units in his car.....

happy hunting..

·
Registered
65 Posts
I was patient and looked at craigslist, Face book, etc and found a pair for $100 locally, flashed $80 cash and the deal was done. A young man was installing tinted aftermarket units in his car.....

happy hunting..
I'm still having issues trying to find one that isn't $500+. This is outrageous. Who'd have thought these light assemblies would be so spendy...

If anyone on here is selling theirs, that would be amazing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Might be worth getting it checked out by a body shop through your insurance company. Last year my Mustang got hit by a chunk of metal or a pretty decent sized rock, on the driver side, right next to the headlamp. Initially it just looked like body damage but when I took it in, it turned out the hit had broken some of the clips holding the headlamp in and caused some other damage that wasn't visible. It ended up being like $2k worth of work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts