Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into making my first performance mods on my Mustang and I was curious to see what other people thought about my plans.

•Boss 302 Intake Manifold
•Airaid CAI (is there a better option to use with the Boss Manifold?)

After this I am looking for some suggestions from other with experience. I don;t have the funds for a SC right now, but plan to add that in the future.

Anything Else I should consider adding in addition along with, or instead of, the manifold and CAI?

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

- Patrick

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
Sounds like a good starts Patrick, I would definitely recommend the air raid or Steeda CAI, combine that with the boss IM and a good tune (91 or better) and you're in the path to a quick car. I will also recommend mufflers (no power will be gained but you will smile a lot more) and cat deletes if your state emissions allows it (this will net you about 15-20 more rwhp). Good luck and feel free to ask more questions.

We only ask that you search the forum first :)

Btw, welcome to ME!!

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
Sounds like a good starts Patrick, I would definitely recommend the air raid or Steeda CAI, combine that with the boss IM and a good tune (91 or better) and you're in the path to a quick car. I will also recommend mufflers (no power will be gained but you will smile a lot more) and cat deletes if your state emissions allows it (this will net you about 15-20 more rwhp). Good luck and feel free to ask more questions.

We only ask that you search the forum first :)

Btw, welcome to ME!!
Yeah I would agree here. Cai and tune first though, before the manifold. If you can do all three then awesomeness.

Also agree on axle backs. I smiled so wide when I first cranked her over after installing my roush axle backs.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Reactions: PatrickZeigler

·
Registered
1,187 Posts

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
DDTCM said:
I would do a cat less mid pipe with the Boss intake for sure. Cats rob these 5.0s.
Yep. You'll pick up 50 rwhp with a tune and offroad x or h pipe. Also, the boss should be the last thing you do, and you can use the stock airbox with it if you order the boss inlet tube from ford for like $70 (much cheaper than any CAI). If you do get a CAI, stay away from JLT.

Before adding the boss you should really get your suspension sorted out to support the high rpm launches it loves. Upper and lower controls arms, and drag radial or bias ply slicks are a must, springs and shocks are highly preferable. An air/oil separator is also a good idea, even though it doesn't add any power.

Oh btw... That CJ mani is going to be like $1500 with the TB that you need to install it. IMO putting that into your suspension or start a supercharger fund would be a better idea.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Napoleon85 said:
Oh btw... That CJ mani is going to be like $1500 with the TB that you need to install it. IMO putting that into your suspension or start a supercharger fund would be a better idea.
Agreed, but if you're planning on doing the Boss with a TB anyway I think this is the better way to roll. But the dyno tests will determine If it's worth it. Who knows, it may be a lot of hype.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
doug5.0 said:
Agreed, but if you're planning on doing the Boss with a TB anyway I think this is the better way to roll. But the dyno tests will determine If it's worth it. Who knows, it may be a lot of hype.
You don't need (or really see much gains from) a tb with the boss mani.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Napoleon is right man , is useless to hae all that power if u cant put it down, i would and will start by doing suspension mods plus they dont mess up your warranty

·
Registered
35 Posts
Villero1834 said:
Napoleon is right man , is useless to hae all that power if u cant put it down, i would and will start by doing suspension mods plus they dont mess up your warranty
Suspension mods do void warranty however only in the area of change so to speak... For example if you throw lowering springs on the car and blow a strut through the tower lol (worst case scenario) that will be voided bit if u blow a head gasket after lower springs obviously it won't be voided lol

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Suspension mods do void warranty however only in the area of change so to speak... For example if you throw lowering springs on the car and blow a strut through the tower lol (worst case scenario) that will be voided bit if u blow a head gasket after lower springs obviously it won't be voided lol
Any mod voids the warranty for any directly affected components. Common sense goes a long way on this one ...

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yhea im thinking of getting coilovers so no warranty needed , if they break i wolud either have the warranty from the aftermarket coilovers , or id put back the stock ones

1 - 14 of 14 Posts