Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because all of this work took me a while at the store, I figured I would make this as easy as possible for everyone else. Now, if you don't use your radio and you are CRAZY about fuel economy, then this is a must have mod.

If you are a normal person, who likes the radio and is not too concerned with MPG, then this might be useless to you lol.

I do know when one is at the drag strip, or auto cross, or on a track day, the base radio is usually not important. I also know, that one wants their best performance. Now this does not do too much for dropping aero, but really, would you go grocery shopping before you go to the track, filled with groceries? Or let a friend ride along, and add 200 lbs to the car?

To chose not to help yourself, you are choosing not to do everything you can to win. So for under 3 bucks and a little extra plasti dip or rubber coat, you can be set.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ForumRunner_20130106_105057.png

Proper sizes. Each one was under a dollar.

ForumRunner_20130106_105142.png

First coating, on the first side. I did five coats, two on the downward facing, three on the upward.

ForumRunner_20130106_105200.png

Stacked, even, and a final coat before putting it on the car. These are drying now, and will be going on soon.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
thanks for the post,.....but i CAN'T live without my tunage...BUT I do have a 8 GB thumb drive plugged into the console...heh heh

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gtzzoom said:
thanks for the post,.....but i CAN'T live without my tunage...BUT I do have a 8 GB thumb drive plugged into the console...heh heh
Yea, that's why I said about for the drag strip or track, where the little bit could matter. If it wasn't for my mobile phone and audio jack, I couldn't handle it either lol

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Before final coat.

Final coat off of the car. Getting put on in a little bit.
I was hoping someone would have a complete delete (including the base...). I haven't looked, so I can only assume there are locating pins or a raised boss aligning the antenna.

To me, it isn't about aero... It is about appearance. I would like a clean mustang without bulging antennas (radio and GPS). I don't use the radio/Sirius and I don't have GPS nav.

I'm sure your attempt will look better than the stock antenna!!

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nhcowboy said:
UltArc, just found something on another ME post that is basically what I was thinking...

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f312/t298119/
Sweet. That looks good. I might buy that, but it seems like a lot of work. Much harder of a job than mine! Lol

Whitelightning said:
Why not buy the shorty antenna and plasti dip it?
I think someone mentioned that before. If it is what I remember, I think it looks goofy. Plus, spending more than 3.00 USD for something that looks weird and is still not as efficient. It might be for some, but I personally am not a fan.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts