Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get a diagram of all the wires going into the ACM on a base model 2011 mustang gt. Thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I purchased a premium ACM out of a 2011 mustang on eBay. I'm also installing 09 sync kit. Thanks for the schematic. The problem is that these schematics aren't giving me the details of all the pins. I need like the illumination +/- connections

·
Registered
289 Posts
Yeah I wasn't finding much on the unit. I'm seeing a lot of data lines in the other diagrams so it's possible it's not a actual 12v signal for a lot of it.

If I were you I would just go after market. But if this is what you want to go your public library should have a alldata I'd get all your parts find the parts numbers and head to the all data and look them up and make copy's of the info. I would also google the daylights out of the part numbers and see what info you could find that way. Also hit the forums hard and see of any o e has done something like this before and see what kind of info they posted.

At the shop I work at we've had customers look into doing factory radio swaps like a non nav for a nav radio and from the majority of the research we've done it's always more of a hassle and more expensive labor wise than just buying a aftermarket radio that had the features you want.

Keep us updated with what you find, I'm interested in how this project goes for ya.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I sold my 2009 that I installed the sync add on kit and loved it. I went with the OEM radio w/o Nav because it had sync and a couple features like inputs steering wheel controls. Also I was hoping that I could avoid going to the dealer to have them activate the sync through the ACM. Will keep you posted. Thanks for your input, much appreciated.

Scott

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

Also found the same sync kit I bought for 450+ for only 63.00. I was shocked.

·
Registered
289 Posts
45ANNGT said:
I sold my 2009 that I installed the sync add on kit and loved it. I went with the OEM radio w/o Nav because it had sync and a couple features like inputs steering wheel controls. Also I was hoping that I could avoid going to the dealer to have them activate the sync through the ACM. Will keep you posted. Thanks for your input, much appreciated.

Scott

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

Also found the same sync kit I bought for 450+ for only 63.00. I was shocked.
Ouch!

But yeah the majority of stuff I was finding I. My limited searching was about swapping steering wheels for ones with steering wheel controls and then having to have the ACM re flashed by a dealer to get it to work.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Does anyone happen to know how many watts (rms) the stock wiring in a 2013 base stereo can handle? I'm going to install a small amp that puts out 45 watts rms and I want to make sure I'm not sending too much power through the stock speaker wires. Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts