Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i am biting the bullet and picking up a 2011 gt 5.0 cali convert.
I am getting a big discount because it has no cats and the cel light is on. I am guessing the previous owner traded the car in and restored the stock tune and now the cel is on. Dealer says codes 420 430. It does not have any other exhaust mods except the cat delete pipes, no cai. I called steeda and they are sending me the sctx4 with a tune for no cats. I am pretty sure turning of the rear 02 with there setup will fix this issue.
I will install a cai in the near future but i am a little skeptical if the really help hp or is it just a hood open vs close thing?
Also what you guys recommend for coming from the cat deletes back? My goal would be to get or close to 400rwp without a header swap.
opinions??

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Off road H or x pipe, aggressive tune should get you close to that. CAIs don't do much on tis platform n/a.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Off road H or x pipe, aggressive tune should get you close to that. CAIs don't do much on tis platform n/a.
Thanks for the info.
I have found some stock gt 500 mufflers around here pretty cheep. Can i just bolt them up to the new off road h or x pipe? You really think the H or X pipe add some good power and worth it.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
You'll be bolting them to the over the axle pipes so, yes. The mufflers are out back on this car.

Off road pipes, with cats out and a proper tune for them, can add a good 25+ horse to the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts