Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
I have a 2011 Mustang, ever since I had gotten the car I wanted to paint the trunklid black and remove the rear emblem. So this week me and my dad started the project on doing so. As you know when you remove the emblem are left with this ugly thing

Warning this next part might make some of you cringe and/or mad but with this it let us to completely cutting it out.

After we did this we did measuring and created a circularish piece of steel that we could later then weld into the trunklid which we then did grind down.

After we had done this we then mudded the entire welded and grinded spot with a couple of layers which we then sanded down to match the same height.

After all of this was done we then primed it and let the prime dry for 2 days or so.

While we did prime we also did remove the spoiler as we were planning on painting it and smoking the taillights. After we were ready to paint we got right into it leading to this being the final product.

Yes we also did add a s550 emblem because that was also part of what I had wanted. Some of you may not like it, some may but I thought i would just come here and share my project on doing this. If you have any questions feel free to ask thanks everyone!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looks great. When I did mine on my 2012, I left the hole and just used an anti rust coating on the exposed metal. Then set the decklid. I figured it'd save me tons of time and no one's going to see the hold since the trunk lining covers it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks great. When I did mine on my 2012, I left the hole and just used an anti rust coating on the exposed metal. Then set the decklid. I figured it'd save me tons of time and no one's going to see the hold since the trunk lining covers it.
Thanks! Yeah we wanted to do something different and see what we could do to do that so here we are!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts